Thread: Brother MFC-420CN pro suite does not work with windows 7

Brother MFC-420CN pro suite does not work with windows 7

I have a Brother MFC-420CN pro printer at my home and I have a computer running on windows 7. I have recently changed it to 7 before it was running on XP. The problem I am facing is that, I can only print but no longer scan my documents to pdf. I am using this printer from 6 months and have never faced such problem before. I have tried to contact with the brother and they say that they do not have any solution for this problem. So what should I do in order to solve this problem? Do you have any solution for this problem? Any helped will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Brother MFC-420CN pro suite does not work with windows 7

Well to solve this problem, I will suggest you to update your Brother MFC-420CN pro suite with the latest version. If doing this fix does not solve your problem, then I will advise you to reinstall the suit and install the latest one on your computer. I hope that after doing this fixes you will be able to solve your problem. If still you are not able to solve your problem, then reply me back.

I have running windows 7 on my computer and I have installed vista drivers from Brother Printer and I will like to tell you that it is working fine. I am able to do everything on my printer. So I will advise you to try out the same. Download the vista drivers from Brother and install it on your system. I think it will work in your case as well. Keep one thing in mind that try to do that without using compatibility mode.

I am also facing the same problem with this printer. I am running windows XP OS on my machine. The printer was working fine till before 2 days. I have not done any installation or un-installation of the software or hard ware on my computer, so why suddenly I am facing this problem. Is there anyone who can suggest me a solution for this, so that I can some out of this problem? Try to post you reply as early as you can. Thanks.