Thread: Does GA-890FXA-UD5 IOMMU have BIOS Switch?

Does GA-890FXA-UD5 IOMMU have BIOS Switch?

Hello friends I am working as a developer in a leading IT company and I am looking for doing some virtualization under Debian GNU/Linux using Kernel-based Virtual Machine . This Linux has got the feature to utilize the I/O memory management unit that has been placed at the northbridge chipset of the GA-890FXA-UD5 motherboard which I had brought specially for doing this virtualization. Now when I am about to use virtualization technique I found that the "advanced" settings in Ctrl+F1 has no switch for IOMMU related configurations. So I would want to know that will this option be available in this motherboard in the future or should I return this because it is of no use to me. Or that it is something that I have missed out and don’t know what is going on. So can any one help me to solve this issue quickly.

Re: Does GA-890FXA-UD5 IOMMU have BIOS Switch?

Hey according to me virtualization is a technique that will help you to run multiple operating system and applications on the same platform but using different partition. Using this you can also various virtual system running as one single computer system. I think that there is a option in the BIOS setup of your system that will help to enable virtualization so can select that option and then try doing the same thing again and I hope that this will certainly help you.

Hello dear I would like to know from you that since you are having linux operating system with you so have you tried repairing the Linux Os repair or update function once you have done with the enabling the virtualization in the BIOS. If you haven't done this then think that you must first do this updation and then what results do you get. Also, you have to download the packages and even install them once you have done enabling the virtualization effect. So if you haven't done this then I request you to please carry out this function and then see if that helps you in performing the task completely.

Hey friends thanks for the instant reply that you have made, now regarding what I have done I would like to add up the information that i have given. I have enabled Normal virtualization in the BIOS setup and that has worked fine for me, I can even see the `svm` processor flag enabled when I do `cat /proc/cpuinfo`so this shows that the viortualzation is completely on.. The main problem that I am facing is that I don't have a VGA or PCI which passes through to a Windows guest, which requires the IOMMU in the hardware. So I would just want to know that is IOMMU has got the support on this motherboard or not. Please can any one suggest quickly as I dont want to waste any more time on this.