Thread: Windows Media Centre unable to get Dish network after upgrading to Windows 7

Windows Media Centre unable to get Dish network after upgrading to Windows 7

I have recently upgraded my operating system from windows xp to windows 7. I have the habit of watching TV in my past time after the work. The problem is that the dish networks that was working perfectly with the windows xp is giving issues with the windows 7. I have to manually add some channels in the guide list. Now what should i do. Is there any solution that i can perform which does not involve changing the operating system. Please do help me out.

Re: Windows Media Centre unable to get Dish network after upgrading to Windows 7

The problem may be with the weak signals. If some channel may be having the weak signal then it is not detected by the windows media center. If you are not getting the option to list the all channels. What you can do is to go to the guide. Then select the edit channels and click the auto select channels. The list of channels will appear and you have to just save the list, the media center just marks the list of channels which are bad in signal and probably will remove it from the list.

Re: Windows Media Centre unable to get Dish network after upgrading to Windows 7

I would suggest you to check the windows media center service pack. Check the version of the windows media TV center if the version appears to be 6.0.6001.18000 then you are not running the windows media center TV package for windows 7. The version has to be 6.1.1000.18273 that is the recognized version of the windows media center TV package that should be used with the windows 7 operating system. The earlier version i.e. 6.0.6001.18000 were to be used with the windows vista or windows vista sp1. So check for the windows media center TV pack and if you find the earlier version then do upgrade it as soon as possible. Do let me know if it works.

I would ask you to check whether the TV tuner attached to the computer is enabled properly. Do the updates of the driver because there can be some issues with the windows 7, if the drivers are not upgraded properly. If you are not getting the signal properly then check with the dish and keep it in a proper location so that it can detect the proper signal and simultaneously check with the windows media center if it is receiving the signal or not. To check the signal go to the settings and select TV and then select Digital TV Antenna Signal Strength. Do have a check with the coaxial cable and see to it that it is connected firmly to the devices. So first check with all these settings and do the necessary changes it will work for you.