Thread: Windows XP virtualized on Windows Seven, installation program

Windows XP virtualized on Windows Seven, installation program

Hello, I am using Sun Virtual box aspire to emulate XP on a windows 7 along with 64bit. I just need to install an HP printer, but installing from a CD I get an error: too little clock frequency. In fact, in My Computer is reported to 120MHz! There is no way to bypass this check or increase the "virtual clock"? I agree try a very different solutions, I need to use this printer. Thank you so much in advance, good evening.

Re: Windows XP virtualized on Windows Seven, installation program

Excuse me, but instead those who cannot receive because it has spent money needlessly for Home Premium (obviously not knowing of these discrimination made by Microsoft) what to do? Install by force the XP as second OS? But I cannot understand the reason for this distinction! It’s ridiculous! So please tell me what to do in order get out from this issue.

Hello, you hear but once installed Windows Virtual PC, what should I do to install Windows XP? I ask this because the folders in Software there are two choices:
    • Windows Virtual PC
    • Windows XP Mode

I choose the first if I open a folder of files simply empty, and if I open the second tells me to restart the pc in the bios and enable the setting of virtualization, but this option does not know if I can do it because my Windows 7 version is Home Premium! Thank you in advance for any help.

I think I understand that you have a license for XP. Then open Windows Virtual PC. Click above on "create virtual machine" Give the name, location, gives the ram (512 MB) and then start the virtual machine with the XP CD inserted into the optical drive. Then you'll see that everything is intuitive. Then install XP on the virtual machine.

Thank you so much, I did what you told me, but when you install windows you had to do a hard disk partition, which meant a format, but it's just that I want to avoid, otherwise at this point installed a second operating system, instead of this virtual. I know how to give quake straight? Because of it at this point I'm missing the point of such a virtual machine, than installing a second OS, and if there is a way to make a partition (and size?) without erasing the data already on the PC.

I am also going through this and regarding this actually I followed step by step directions which I appeared, or name, path, and RAM. Then once you just run the virtual machine that was at that point which is in a state of "suspended," I started with the XP CD inserted and opened a sort of dos window at least it seemed very similar which began in the 'OS installation, and is during this process that I could request the partition where you want to.