Thread: Keyboard and Mouse Hangs randomly

Keyboard and Mouse Hangs randomly

Hi, I had installed Windows 7 on to my system; my keyboard and mouse freeze up for 5 seconds at apparently at random intervals. If I'm typing something it freezes up, nothing I type while it's frozen ends up showing up, but if I had hit a key right when it froze, it will repeat itself until I press something else after it unfreezes. The keyboard and mouse both freeze at the similar time, it's not one or the other. Random freeze of keyboard & mouse, only way out is restart button, no error message prior to freeze. What can be the problem, keyboard and mouse hangs at the same interval. Please help.

Re: Keyboard and Mouse Hangs randomly

Better try to connect the keyboard and the mouse directly to the USB port instead of using the USB hub and then check whether it freezes now. Install the latest version of drivers for both keyboard and the mouse. For me this problem has been fixed. There is still USB mouse driver’s compatibility problem with windows 7, but I have fixed my difficulty. I finally had to roll back and bring current my motherboard bios. It appears that the older mother board does not play nice with Windows7 usb drivers. But I really don’t know what the final fix was nor the unique cause. For me, i think that the problem seems to be in pre-windows 7 motherboards losing the ability to work with the usb drivers.

That's it. I have been very frustrated by keyboard and mouse freezing problem through my Kensington USB dock, I have been using the Windows 7 Home Premium of 32 bits. I didn't have the lag issues when I insert them directly into the laptop, but through the dock, it was "H-E-double hockey sticks". I just stumbled across the power management settings and thought that it wouldn’t it be crazy if the laptop was continuously turning the USB ports on and off to save power? And I haven't had a keyboard or mouse lag or stutter in the last half hour. Hope it will work for you

Try to update your driver of your hardware that is of mouse and keyboard. Also, perform a clean boot; it will be something worth to have a try. The steps to perform a test in Clean Boot:
    a. First Click Start desktop menu, and then go to Run, and type "msconfig” in the open box to establish the System Configuration Utility.
    b. Click the tab of services and check the check box "Hide All Microsoft Services" and then click the "Disable All" if it is not grayed. After that click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".
    c. After performing it click "OK" to reboot your computer to Selective Startup environment.
    d. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.
    e. by performing this steps and then check whether or not the issue still appears in this environment.