Thread: Game Deleted From Desktop

Game Deleted From Desktop

Let me tell you one thing that I don’t have much knowledge about the computers. I noticed that my computer was taking more time then normally kit takes to load the operating system. I thought that this is because of the items on the desktop and so I decided to delete some items from the desktop. One of the items that I deleted was Spider Solitaire. Now I can see that on my start menu but when I try to open that then it shows me the error message that says: "missing shortcut". Please tell me that how can I get that back.

ttimcollinss Guest

Re: Game Deleted From Desktop

It is easy. First go to the start menu then select accessories then select game and then select a Spider Solitaire right click on it and select a copy option and paste into your desktop.

OK, I think you want the games back to work. It’s very easy to do this. To do this you have to delete the shortcuts from the Startup and Desktop. Once you have deleted that then you have to do to start and point to all programs. Find the game in that and right click on that and select “Pin to start Menu" or "Send to Desktop". This will gain create the shortcut accordingly. Now double click on that shortcut and this will start the game again.

I am agreeing the above post and it will also work for you but I have one more easy way than this to make it work but only if you have not empty the recycle bin. If that is the case then you should open the recycle bin and see for the shortcut that you have deleted. Right click on that and you will see one of the options as restore. Click on restore and it will restore that shortcut to its original place. Now close the recycle bin window and double click on that icon. It will run the game this time.

I think that you have mentioned about the Spider Solitaire which comes with the Windows. I would like to tell you that if you have deleted only the shortcut for this then you will be able to get that back by any of the method posted above but if you deleted the game then according to me the only option that is left for you is to reinstall the Windows again and this will restore that to your computer.

You can try to run the system restore to your computer. This is the inbuilt feature for the Windows. Go to the system restore and select the date for the restore before the date of the deletion and click on restore. This will restore the system to that point and it will make the game work again.