Thread: Impossible to complete the transaction, the file opens in Windows Explorer

Impossible to complete the transaction, the file opens in Windows Explorer

If I try to delete a folder residing on the disk of a server along with win2008 from a client with windows 7 pro I get the following warning: "unable to complete the transaction, the file is opened in explorer, if it proves to be a client with the same XPPRO the gate the users have all rights to the folder read-write. So what to do in order to fix this issue.

Re: Impossible to complete the transaction, the file opens in Windows Explorer

The problem will happen with all of the shares on that server or only some? It’s a problem with all files or only some? Assuming that windows XP users and windows 7 I have the exact rights you may try to take ownership of a file and see if you delete it? It could also be a problem in realtime antivirus, you could make taking the test temporarily disabled the Windows 7?

I am also going through this issue. So I have read all the post which is given over here but I want to know here that in the same network there are 2 more a client with XP Pro and one with Vista and on these there is no problem (I delete the folders), the problem is on all the files / folders. The virus is the same on all clients. What intent to try to take ownership of a file? If you have any idea then please explain me over here.

The solution which is indicated by user over here it is not able to solve the problem but I found that after a reboot the server the folders that I could not delete from the client with win7 now be canceled only that I cannot say if the solution was only temporary or permanent due just restart the server, regarding this issue I have also make thread on to the official website of it but from there also I am not able to get any solution till now.

When I was facing this kind of issue so at that time I have also tried this solution. So I think you should also go for this. If the file cannot delete it using the comand net use / delete IPC $ to close the client connection to the server, this means that the client releases the resources employed there and at that point you should be able to do the delete. I also believe that the real-time control of the antivirus blocks the file and you keep it in use.