Thread: Cannot boot Windows Xp Pro

Cannot boot Windows Xp Pro

I have recently installed the Windows XP pro on my computer. I have 1 GB RAM installed. My problem is that, I am not able to boot the system. Whenever I try to do that then it just shows me the splash screen and after that it cannot proceed further. It was working fine for the first week when I installed that but now I am getting the problems like this. Is there anyone else who is facing the similar problem or know the solution for this then please post that. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Cannot boot Windows Xp Pro

It can be the RAM problem. All of us know that we need RAM to load the operating system. If your RAM is not connected properly to the motherboard then you may get the problems like this and your computer can not start. My suggestion to you is to power off the computer and open the cabinet and remove the RAM form that. Clean it gently and insert that back in the slot properly. Now try to boot it again. It will boot properly this time if it was due to bad connection of RAM.

As you told that the computer was working properly when you installed that first. So I think that you need to do restore to your computer. Windows has this inbuilt facility. Open that and select the date to which it was working properly. Click on restore. This will restore the system to that point of time. Once it is completed with the restore process then it will restart the computer. I am quite sure that this will solve the problem for you.

There is one other thing that you can try to fix this issue. If there is any file that is missing from your system and your system needs that at the point of startup then you can get this problem. You can perform the repair to the system. If you want to do that then you have to insert the OS CD to the computer and boot the system. Press enter when it prompts to press any key. It will ask you to press Key R to repair the system. Press it and it will scan the entire system and replace all the missing and the corrupted files. This will be the best way to solve the issue.

It can be the problem because of the virus attack on your computer. If you want to check that then you have to enter in the safe mode. To do that, keep on pressing F8 key while it is loading the system. It will open a new screen that will contain one of the options as safe mode. Select that with the arrows on the keyboard and hit enter. This will start the computer in safe mode. Scan the entire system with the latest antivirus. Delete or clean all the files that it detects as infected file. Now try to boot the system in normal mode.

The hard drive may not get detected by the system and that is why it is not able to proceed further. I think that you need to remove the hard drive connection and again connect that properly. If that is also not working for you then it is possible that there is some bug in the hard drive. To check that you can run CHKDSK on your computer and this will detect and fix all such bugs. After completion it will report that back to you.