Thread: Bios cannot recognize CD drive while booting.

Bios cannot recognize CD drive while booting.

I have old MITAC 8575 notebook at my home. I want to remove my windows xp and want to reinstall the whole windows XP again. But there is some problem in my bios setup. In the BIOS screen, I can’t able to seeing the CD/DVD drive on the blue screen of Bios. Consequently I cannot able to boot from the drive to format the previous windows XP and install the new windows XP. I can’t make out what was happened as I seem to keep in mind it ok before. Though, I did alter the cd drive in it but the same problems arise. So anyone has any idea of this post so please let me know. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bios cannot recognize CD drive while booting.

I think that your cd drive have some concern of not detecting with in Bios setup. Did check your CD drive while opening your windows xp. I mean to say that whenever you open you’re my computer can you able to see the CD drive icons in the removable storage group. If not so then it never appears in your Bios setup too. And hence you will need to change the cd drive too reinstall your xp again. If you don’t have the new cd drive, check out from your friends whether they have the older one. I think this will work you out properly with no problem.

I recently purchased an 8575 "Barebones" kit, and when I couldn't get a DVD drive to work with it. I require reinstalling my whole operating system to the new OS. But that drive was cannot able to detect to detect in bios. So I I reported it as faulty to retailer where I purchased that drive. The seller told me that it had a well recognized "quirk" in that it merely worked with definite drives, and they again sent me an original Mitac DVD drive which worked completely proper for the first time ever when I tried to reinstall the windows xp. It's not just the manufacturer that is a problem (it's made by Philips, the similar as one of the ones I had previously tried) but the precise model. so my suggestion is try to replace it where you purchased your CD drive. i sure that they will replace it.

The BIOS wants to identify the drive. Laptop BIOS are more inadequate than their desktop brethren since of limited alternative on what can and can't be added. Watch to POST screens at start up to observe if the BIOS IS identifying the CD drives.Are the capacities of the drive for general than the original drive? Windows XP can occasionally recognize hardware and access it even when the BIOS can't. Verify for any BIOS alternative to organize the CD drive priority. If the laptop originally came with discretionary types of optical drives there may be a setting in the BIOS to decide the accurate type. When booting to a bootable CD you have to still hit whichever key to boot from the CD when that message comes out on the screen. A BIOS update may alleviate the trouble.