Thread: Not able to boot my Dell Inspiron 1546

Not able to boot my Dell Inspiron 1546

There is a serious problem in my Dell Inspiron 1546 laptop. This is running with windows vista platform. It is 64-bit system architecture. I am not able to boot the machine , while I enter the user name and the password it first of all wait for some time and the it freezes for some more while. And then directs me to stop the window. What should I do to recover this problem? Any suggestion on this will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to boot my Dell Inspiron 1546

insert the operating system installation disk into the CD ROM drive and start pressing f8 after appearing the manufacture logo into your screen. It will open the windows installation windows in your screen, from that window, locate repair or windows repair option. Click on this option and go for the repair option. This will automatically repair the windows version that you are using. System reboot will might be require after the repair, go for this to apply the changes. I hope this will definitely help you to recover the window. I had the similar issue in my Dell computer, not able to open the machine after insert the user name and password in the prompt. And by this process the problem is gone.

I think this might be the graphical interface issue that you are using. If possible then start the machine in safe mode and go for the device manager by right click on my computer or locate the device manager from control panel. Now in the device manager open the driver tab or it will named as graphics driver. Expand the tab and from there locate the driver that you installed for the graphical interface. Now right click on it and select the update option. I think by update the driver version you will be able to solve the issue. So as per my opinion this is the problem for graphics driver, and this problem also occurred in my brother’s computer and he found this cause of the problem and did this process and simply overcome from this issue. After this process you reboot the machine and enter into windows normal mode and your problem will be solved.

This is simply sounds for the start up problem in your machine. I recommend you to repair the startup by using windows 7 installation disk. Reboot the machine after inserting the installation disk into the drive and after that start pressing f10 from keyboard. It will appear the start up windows of the windows version. In that window select repair startup option. It will repair the start up in a very efficient way. Try with this, will definitely help. I said to you because after getting the similar issue in my machine, I searched everywhere for the solution and found this simple process. After applying this not there is no problem in my start up. This is the simplest and easiest way to solve the start up problem.

There is a step which is called as the last step because windows will by default take this for the personal settings before use loading into the machine. It includes the settings of Windows Registry, saved network connections, and the security settings of the count by which the user will enter in to the machine environment. This will allow you to set the appropriate settings if you are willing for windows platform, or if you are willing to change the customize settings in to the default. I suggest you to change the customize setting into windows default. According to the problem that you mentioned in your post. This might be caused for this type of problem. So try once to change the machine environment into windows default settings. In the user account under control panel you will got this setting option, might be in windows vista and windows 7 this will ask for administrative password. If you are not able to do this in windows normal mode the n try to do this process in safe mode.