Thread: Inspiron 1720 Upgrade to Windows 7 problem

Inspiron 1720 Upgrade to Windows 7 problem

I did few days before my lap. upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7 but in front of the install. appeared early the following text Windows cannot be installed on the computer with the current system BIOS version. Contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a BIOS update. Install the update and restart the Windows installation again. OEM Name: Dell Inc.; OEM model: Inspiron 1720 BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03, BIOS Date: 20070816000000.000000 +000. On the DELL and wanted to ask which of these drivers compatible with my BIOS version is? update - Dell? Search - All Dell.com can I upgrade the BIOS because when I do, what is wrong? And what version win7 should I take? 32 bit or the 64?

re: Inspiron 1720 Upgrade to Windows 7 problem

So you have A03 on it. Then you make an update to A04, then A07 and finally also to A09. It is not advisable to go immediately. Whether 32 or 64 it's your choice whether you want to install more than 4 GB of RAM. 32bit systems up to 3.5 GB of 64bit systems over 4GB. Otherwise there is not a particularly remarkable difference. On upgrade you cannot go wrong. Download file, be sure that an original battery and original power supply are connected. Then run A04. The system will reboot. Once Windows is back up A07, automatic restart and then again in the end only A09. After this reboot you can then get started. What do you want? A fresh reinstall Windows or just an upgrade? When upgrading is checked whether you have incompatible software on the Book. This will be shown to you and you have to uninstall them. Drivers are really not an issue. If you have to install something, you can also take Vista drivers. If you have to install the base system devices in Device Manager that is your card reader.

Here I just want to thank you only for your quick reply. And also it works in my case. I have installed Windows 7 has been successfully yesterday. However, I want to install me today A 07 bios but it does not work In the download manager will appear that no files are found I should look in a folder to select files? The install of A 04 is not something pre-half hour taking conversation? So if you have any idea then help me.

I have one solution in order to fix your issue. There is one software regarding this problem. So you just download that software from the download website. For this website you just type this on to the google and within a fraction of time you will be able to get solution for this issue. Then the Download problems are gone. And I also want to know who wrote this manager should be doomed to have to use it over and on all sides. So help me or if you have any suggestion then tell me.