Thread: Intel(R) ICH10 LPC Interface Controller - 3A18 Unknown Device

Intel(R) ICH10 LPC Interface Controller - 3A18 Unknown Device

I have the laptop with me and in addition to all this things I have the Windows 7 installed on it. Well this is really cool as I was thinking of having the Windows 7 and not the Windows XP as I was of the opinion that the Windows XP is much older and is of no use at all. But after some time of use on this Windows 7 I have seen that it is troubling me a lot. I have noticed that there is a unknown device here in my case and I think that it is somewhere here: Intel(R) ICH10 LPC Interface Controller - 3A18. What is this? I really need to be out of this soon and any help in this matter will be really appreciated. Please help me out of this soon. Waiting for the replies to come here. I thought that the Windows 7 will be a better option to go with but this time I think that I made a wrong choice and I really need to be out of this. Please come up with the suggestions here.

Re: Intel(R) ICH10 LPC Interface Controller - 3A18 Unknown Device

What is the Windows 7 bit version that you have on your system? I think that the bit version that you have on the system is the 64 bit version of the Windows and hence I think that it is causing you the issue. I think that you will be required to have the drivers for that unknown device. I think that Windows 7 was not able to have the drivers for the device and hence you are getting the error for installing the Drivers for that device. Hope that you will be able to have that one in your case. If you are not able to have the perfect drivers then I will help you out with the same. Just in the next post enter the Company and the model of the laptop and I will try to dig out the software for that.

It seems to me that the issue that you are having here is not because of the Windows 7 and I think that the device that is causing the error is loosely connected here and I think that you will be required to see for the connections here. Please try to have that for you and please let me get informed for the same as well. I would also suggest you to try to install the drivers for all the devices in the clean way. Hope that the combine solution that I have mentioned here can help you to be out of the issue here. Please let me know about the same here as well.

Well I think that you will have to have the updates of the Windows installed here and I think that the Windows Updates here can do little help here. All you have to do is ask for the Windows Updates. Just have that update here and I am sure that with this update you will be able to have the drivers for that unrecognized device that is causing this error. In addition to this let me tell you that the Windows 7 itself has some of the packages and drivers that provides basic functionality for all the peripheral devices and hence I am of the opinion that it can do the trick here. Just try to have the updates in your case and tell me if you were able to get rid of the error that you were getting.

I partially agree with what has been said above and I think that you should have the drivers from the official site of the Laptop. Well the drivers that Windows 7 has are very basic in nature and do not provide with all the functionalities so I do not think that the basic rivers can help you out of the situation and in addition to all this let me tell you that if that was the case then you must have got the issue solved once you have installed the Operating system. Well there is nothing wrong in trying the Windows Updates but I am pretty sure that you will not have anything in this respect but at the same time with the updates you will be able to have some more good and some enhance security features for your system and hence I think that you can try that.