Thread: Windows 7 failed to detect blu ray disc in blu ray device.

Windows 7 failed to detect blu ray disc in blu ray device.

Hardly a month ago I have bought a new ASUS G73 which have Blu Ray device included within it and they have installed Windows 7 64 in my laptop with Power DVD 9. Whenever I place a DVD in the drive at that time everything is fine and it works smoothly. When I place a blu ray disc in the drive it doesn’t show anything in the DVD drive. When I see the property of DVD drive it shows 0 bytes. Moreover, the PowerDVD9 application as well does not identify there is a compact disk place in. They have provided me the following model of blu ray drive "MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ141AS". So please if you have any suggestion posts me.

Re: Windows 7 failed to detect blu ray disc in blu ray device.

Hi! Viscera, I need ask with you that this happens with the entire entire blue ray DVDs or you have this problem with only one DVD. If it happens with all DVDs of blu ray then I will advise you to start the Blu ray Discs troubleshooter and after that you should verify the end result. And to start the troubleshooter follow the below step. Select the Start button, after that choose the control panel option in the list that appears. After selecting control panel type the word troubleshooter in the search box, after getting the Troubleshooting select that option. Then click the option to view all, and then view the steps of shooting your trouble of blu ray DVDs.

Hello! Friends I have met with the similar condition. I have tried to solve with the help of troubleshooter but it doesn’t make any effect on this problem. And at the end of the troubleshooter the result was "The disc in G: Drive is not identified, or is not supported" and also I have tried many more different discs and all the results are same. As it was the new computer and Blu ray drive I have replaced it. And I came to know that "MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ141AS" drive is not supportable in Windows 7.

Thanks! Enriquee,
    After reading your instruction I have called to the shop from where I have bought it. They have provided me a two month DOA procedure. After that I have given him the drive. And they have done certain test on that drive after that they have provide me the new blu ray drive that is compatible with Windows 7. And now I have inserted the same DVD and it is working properly.