Thread: MIDI USB Interface not working with Windows 7

MIDI USB Interface not working with Windows 7

I contain a trouble to obtain my USB MIDI Interface progressing in Windows 7. It works great in Windows XP devoid of a extraordinary driver, plug in and play. Currently in Windows 7 x64 I acquire a USB Audio tool in the device manager and the Error code: Code 10.
    The Plug and play ID’s are:
    1. USB\VID_180B&PID_0010&REV_0011
    2. USB\VID_180B&PID_0001

The Class ID’s are:
    1. USB\Class_00&SubClass_02&Prot_01
    2. USB\Class_00&SubClass_02
    3. USB\Class_00

The producer is: Swissonic
    There are no extraordinary drivers. The website says: It work by means of the Microsoft USB drivers on windows XP and windows Vista. Please someone help me to sort out this trouble.

Re: MIDI USB Interface not working with Windows 7

The recent past I had the similar trouble as further users with the Swissonic USB MIDI interface. I establish a resolution for this trouble, and wish to share this resolution to assist other users with the Swissonic MIDI USB Interface, who contain driver problems in Windows 7. I investigate a long time for same devices with 1x1 MIDI possibilities and attempted plenty of drivers from dissimilar manufacturers. My wish was to discover a manufacturer which utilizes similar parts insides the device and presents driver support for Windows 7.

The way out is a Windows 7 driver for the Roland UM 1G interfaces, which works as well with the Swissonic 1x1 MIDI Interface. But watchfully, there must be the letter G at the last part. They contain additional UM devices with dissimilar letters at the last part. You have to setup the drivers yourself. The setup.exe did not exertion in my case. Yourself you can setup the drivers using the device manager in Windows 7. You have to select a list of all devices, than choose an average and select the "RDIF1093.INF" file in the hauled out driver folder named Files. A window will prompt and inquires if you actually wish to setup the UM-1G device. You should click yes and permit to install the driver for the UM-1G device. While the whole thing is completed, you should be able to select the UM 1G interface in your preferred software program. A few other troubles take place with this device, while your USB ports do not deliver sufficient power. In this case it should make use of your USB ports in the back in place of the front USB ports. One more solution is to make use of a PCI USB Card or a USB HUB with an exterior power adapter!

As your manufacturer's website says it works simply with Microsoft windows XP and Vista, your tool or the device software is not well-matched with Windows 7. The Code 10 error contains mostly to hardware and device driver problems or to compatibility problems between hardware drivers and extra software which is setup in Windows. As a workaround attempt the below steps, uninstall all USB allied entries in Device Manager.
    1. Click on START
    2. After this Right click on the Computer and select Properties
    3. On the left hand side, click on the Device Manager
    4. Enlarge the Universal Serial Bus Controllers group
    5. Right click and uninstall each entries planned.
    6. Start again your Computer and confirm if it works.

Hope this information assists you.

I have endeavored that, unluckily, lacking success. It was not actually simple, because my each input devices are USB devices. Fortunately I still had an old PS2 mouse. But later than rebooting and rescanning the USB devices, the trouble still takes place. The USB Audio device in devise manager has the Code 10. The device is still acceptable. On the computer of my friend it works great. Has anybody any suggestion what is going incorrect? In the major time, I have read many of information about USB MIDI driver troubles.

I am as well experience troubles with MIDI USB cable in Windows 7 64 bit. Until about a few weeks before, I utilized a generic cable devoid of any troubles. Since, something must have occurred to interrupt the system. Could it be one of the windows updates? Now, the cable is recognized by the computer and software like MIDI-OX but an error keeps on popping up stating a MIDI input external device error. I changed cables and music keyboards - no change. I uninstalled drivers and all usb items in Device Manager & rebooted - no joy either. I am approximately sure this is a problem with dishonesty of the driver that could have been reasoned by one of the windows updates. Could Microsoft kindly supply me with a new driver to setup? If this works the subsequently step is to verify whether any of the most fresh updates could have been the offender. As well around this time, the volume level bar which my Acer Laptop utilized to display while I make use of the ‘-‘ and ‘+’ buttons on the laptop keyboard disappeared and cannot find a way to restore it. Could this have something to perform with the MIDI USB difficulty?