Thread: Orange colored (!) appears in the device manager next to the Coprocessor after upgrading to Windows 7

Orange colored (!) appears in the device manager next to the Coprocessor after upgrading to Windows 7

I have an HP dv9627cl laptop system with the Nvidia GForce 7150M graphic card installed which is also called as NForce 630M video on the intel chipset processor chipset, I had installed it because I want a good graphic while I play games , I have got running Windows 7 32bit version which I had upgraded upgrade from Windows Vista. But since a few days I am facing some issues with it, so I checked DEVICE MANAGER, when I open it I can see a orange colored exclamation (!) mark corresponding to the 'OTHER DEVICES/COPROCESSOR name list in it '. After doing a bit of research I came to know that it is something about the video driver, I tried a bit of troubleshooting myself but could not resolve the issue . Has Anyone faced the same issue with this coprocessor driver and who uses Windows 7 along with it please let me know if you have any resolution on this issue.

Re: Orange colored (!) appears in the device manager next to the Coprocessor after upgrading to Windows 7

First of all you should you should check the HP support site or call the Hp support system and explain about the core issue. In the Hp support site you can check the updated Nvidia Driver. You will find a a number of list there you can check for the name of your video driver. After selecting the driver, check the specifications as well , whether the driver is meant for the Windows 7 or not. Once you find the compatible driver you can download it and install it, but still if you get the exclamation error next to the coprocessor device in the device manager, then please let me know , I will do a bit of more research and get back to you with the correct solution.

Re: Orange colored (!) appears in the device manager next to the Coprocessor after upgrading to Windows 7

Well you mentioned that you are having the issue with the video drivers, when you see the orange colored exclamation symbol next to the coprocessor , you thought it will be something related to to video issue. But I do not think so . Since the mark is near the Coprocessor, and let me tell you that the it is a core part of your Central processing unit and operates on floating point number. So instead of installing video drivers , you should rather install the chipset drivers for your motherboard and that too should be compatible with the Windows 7 operating system .After updating the chipset driver for your motherboard you will definitely get rid off that exclamation symbol. Please update your latest report on your issue in the following post.

The other devices in the device manger does not belong to the video card, in fact has a distinct column for the video cards , but here your system has he requirement of chipset drivers as it is mentioned in the other drivers, so I will ask you to go to the nVidia driver site and in that site you will have to choose nForce, then after that nForce 6 Series and then once you have selected nForce 6 select the option nForce 630i/GeForce 7150 and after that look for the appropriate driver the chipset motherboard . Let me tell you again that your system has already got the video drivers you just need a chipset driver to be installed.

Hey all , thank you for your valuable comments and suggestions and for taking out the a little time from your precious schedule and posting replies on my question, but none of your solution fit my need. Infact I did a bit of research myself and later on discovered that my system was missing with AMD drivers I downloaded it from AMD ‘s site and my system is once again up and running , I have no issue with my system and that exclamation mark does not appear in my device manager again.