Thread: Unknown device pop up in the device manager in Windows 7

Unknown device pop up in the device manager in Windows 7

I enclose with Windows 7 Ultimate. Since very freshly an unknown device continues popping up in the device manager each time I initiate Windows. Its reported position is within the front USB root hub but I have not distorted there anything recently. The device position reports "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported troubles Code 43". I can uninstall or immobilize it but it will get picked up once more while next time I reboot. All additional USB devices that is: mouse, keyboard, web camera, APC UPS, external drive, printer and so on, work excellent. How do I get free of this annoyance so that it does not come back?

Re: Unknown device pop up in the device manager in Windows 7

If the trouble agreed with hooking up the APC UPS which may point to the trouble is with the UPS. Your condition appears analogous as from the "System Information" file the "problem device" has an Error Code "This device is working properly" yet remains an "Unknown Device". I would recommend separating the APC UPS from the computer and uninstalling any correlated software. Restart the computer and observe if the "Unknown Device" trouble makes your mind up.

Someone gave me hint about this and therefore I just followed his way. In the Device Manager I twice clicked on the unknown device Details, after that choose "Hardware Ids". And after that I get following information:
    Hardware Ids : USB\UNKNOWN
    Manufacturer : Typical USB Host Controller
    Local information : Port_#0017.Hub_#0005
    Physical Device Object Name : \Device\USBPDO-5
    Location paths : PCIROOT (0) #PCI (2A001) #USBROOT (1) #USB (0) #USB (6)
    Last edited by mesterio; 05-12-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Unluckily that is not openhanded information which requires knowing your problem exactly. To know the more information about your trouble can you perform the following?
    • Start: in the "Search programs and files" box type msinfo32 and just press Enter. After that File- Save- afterward save as an .nfo file. After that make the resulting .nfo file existing via Windows Live SkyDrive.

The device is screening up with a Device Id string starting with USB\VID_0011 and PID_0011, which does not recognize the manufacturer. On the other hand it may be correlated to a Logitech webcam. Is there such a device or tool currently connected to the computer? Have there been any problems with the webcam? As well, is there a Kingston Data Traveler flash drive currently connected? As well, have you through any changes in the BIOS freshly?