Thread: Graphics Problem with DELL Dimension XPS Gen 4

Graphics Problem with DELL Dimension XPS Gen 4

From last four months, I am using the DELL XPS Gen 4 desktop PC. It was not showing me any issue earlier but from last few days I am having problem when booting the system with the graphic card plugged in. It shows me the error message that says: “A PCI failure, no PCI cards are even in PC besides graphics”. After that I tried to boot it again and this time it shows me the message that was saying that it is some problem with the graphic card. If I remove the graphic card from that then it boots fine with Windows XP but that is of no use for me if the motherboard has no graphics. I have no idea that what to do n this situation. So please .help me guys. Thank you.

Re: Graphics Problem with DELL Dimension XPS Gen 4

It may be your power supplier that is causing the problem for you. If your power supplier is not able to supply the sufficient power to the motherboard to load the graphic card then also these things may occur. So if are using an old PSU then I recommend you to change it and buy a new one this will solve the problem for you.

It can be problem with the graphic card that you are using. Your graphic card may have fault in that and that is why it is not getting detected. If you want to ensure that then you have to try to connect the graphic card to some other computer if possible and see whether it is working fine there. If that is showing the same issue there also then it will confirm that the problem is with the graphic card. Now you also know that what you have to do. I don’t know that it is getting repaired or not. You have to buy a new one and that is the only option left for you. If that is under warranty and you have the warranty card for that then you can go for the replacement.

The graphic card driver that is installed in your computer may be corrupted and that is why you are getting problem like this. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the graphic driver from your computer and install that again. See whether it solves the problem or not. If that is also not able to solve the problem then you can search for the latest driver on internet. Download and install it to your computer. Manly of the times updating to the latest driver solves such kind of problems.