Thread: Windows 7:Microsoft Excel Application entry missing in DCOMCNFG

Windows 7:Microsoft Excel Application entry missing in DCOMCNFG

Hello friends, I am the user of the Windows 7. I had loaded the application in ASP.NET which make use of the Excel application objects. it use to work on my Windows XP but in Windows 7 I get the error message that: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00025400-0000-0000-C000-000000000047} failed due to the following error: 80700005. I have to give the permission to the MS Excel application in to the DCOM config but I am unable to find this in the Windows 7. It was there in the older version of but now it’s not there I think. I also reinstalled the Office 2007 but I was unable to get the DCOM config. Please help what can I do now?

Re: Windows 7:Microsoft Excel Application entry missing in DCOMCNFG

I had solved this problem: 1) in to the DCOMCONFIG, first right click on to the My computers on the desktop and then select the properties. 2) in that select the COM security tab. 3) now go in to the access permission click on to the Edit Defaults and add the Network Service to it and give the permission as Allow local access. Try this same for <Machine_name>\Users 4) after that go to the launch and Activation Permissions and then select Edit Defaults and add Network Service to it and give it "Local launch" and "Local Activation" permission. Also do this same for <Machine_name>\Users. Complete the process by pressing the OK button. This worked for me

In to the windows 7, try to open the DCOM config, to open it: first click on to the start button and then click on the search window, in that type DCOMCONFIG.EXE and then press enter. After that click the computers, in that DCOM config and then locate the component with the CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} and then alter or modify the given permission. If now still the error occurs then disable UAC and check if the application works.

Have you ever view the MS Excel Application in to the DCOMCNFG? If you have seen DCOMCNFG then try to modify its permission. After that change the permission for the registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID
    Open regedit and then locate [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID]. After it right click on to the CLSID key and select the Permissions. Select the add button and then type in everyone and then Allow Full Control.

Try to do this:
    1) First click on to the Start option , in that select the control panel, in that select the Administrative Tools, from that select the component services.
    2) In the Console Root select the Root, from that component services, select the computers, from computers go to the My Computers>DCOM congif
    3) Now go at the MS Excel and right click on the application icon and select properties, in that select the security tab.
    4) Customize the Launch and activation permission and the add the local ASP.NET user and give all the permission.

I had got the solution for this issue by giving the permission at the system level by following these steps: go to the DCOMCNFG, now in the left tree structure right click on to the My Computers and in that select the properties. Choose the tab of the COM security. Try to give the Permissions on to the Network Service and the Users in the "Access Permissions" and by clicking the Edit Default button "Launch and Activation Permissions".

If you are using 32 bit version of Excel on 64 bit OS then it won't appear.

You'll need to go start > mmc -32 > file > Add/Remove Snap-in > add component services...

and you should see Excel in there