Thread: Sound Troubleshooting in Windows 98

Sound Troubleshooting in Windows 98

Could anyone please discover this concern for me? Every time I attempted to open Winamp a problem in Windows, I heard no sound, since I installed all relevant sound drivers in my computer. So I tried to trouble shoot through Windows help center but I can’t find any success. This would happen with any and each time attempt to open any other media player. This was not everlasting problem -- about a year prior I was capable to troubleshoot effectively. I check out for the Microsoft info base but did not come into view to find a reply. So anyone can help me out for this issue then please let me know. So friends can you tell me the way how to troubleshoot these problem?

Re: Sound Troubleshooting in Windows 98

Try to use the latest driver of the sound card or replace the program as soon as possible you can. Once the latest driver setup in windows 98, the driver cannot able to install with the original disc. But afterward it turns to replace it with SB 16 driver. Then everything was fine. But try to install the updated version through trouble shoot it helps me out. Then my sound workout properly, after restarting my pc.
    I hope that these will work it out for properly.

So an extra check would be to take away the speakers from the computer, power them up and plug them into the headphone socket of something like a walkman or additional portable audio device. If you don't obtain sound, your speakers require restore and there is almost certainly nothing wrong with your computer. The majority of new computers can encompass 5.1 or some kind of surround sound. For this they configure the red, blue and green jacks in the software found in control panel... If you have 5.1 configured as well as only hi-fi speakers, your sound won't work; neither will a stereo speaker configuration with 5.1 speakers work. Make certain your speaker configuration go with your genuine speakers. The majority motherboards these days only require to be configured using control panel, though there are a few out there which have jumper on the motherboard that have to be stirred around.

I have an older card game that's be on all my computers preliminary with WinMe , not at all had troubles of any type with it. I found that if I play it on my windows 98 long adequate, ultimately I lose the sound. Before talking to Microsoft it help me out for this problem. Device Manager- sound, audio and game controller demonstrate that I have most recent driver for Realtek High Definition Audio.
    so please reply to this post as soon as possible, I m in big issue. Don’t know what to do?