Thread: White tiny window with " < “error appears on Windows 7 sidebar.

White tiny window with " < “error appears on Windows 7 sidebar.

I installed the windows 7 in my computer. The windows told me to update some of the software, Then I update that soft ware’s then restarted following a windows update and after that I found my sidebar presented me some strange looking box stuff instead of my gadget. I've attempted to uninstall the sidebar software through control panel by add or remove programs and later I again install it. But the same error showed to me. I've scanned for viruses of 3 programs and a physical search for "doubtful" files in together safe mode and non safe mode (i.e. the normal). But I find out the same error. Please help me out from this problem. So provide me some suggestion for this post.

Re: White tiny window with " < “error appears on Windows 7 sidebar.

I would recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the sidebar gadgets that came with windows 7 especially were you installed I mean to say from the C: drive where actually install your gadgets. Or you use the other way for uninstalling gadgets you may follow the below steps and check –
    • Select the gadgets option by right clicking on the desktop.
    • Select the uninstall option by right clicking on the select gadget.

You could re-establish the Desktop Gadget Gallery again by using the below recommended step –
    Select the start menu for Control Panel. Click on the control panel then type the restore gadget caption inside the search box, and then click reinstate desktop gadgets installed by Windows 7.

If the problem continues you may carry out a SFC (System File Checker) scan. It will list any concerns and will also make progress the files if required –perform a SFC Scan by following step-
    1. First you will need to select Start, From there go to All Programs option, Navigate through Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator. If you are provoked for an administrator password or for an authentication, type the password, or click permit
    2. Type the subsequent control, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow .
    3. A memo will come into view stating that 'The system scan will start. Be impatient since the scan might take some time
    4. If any files need a restore SFC will restore them. You may be inquire to insert your Win7 DVD for this procedure to carry on.
    5. If the whole thing is okay you must, following the scan, see the following note "Windows reserve protection did not discover any integrity violations"
    6. After the scan has finished, close the cmd prompt window, restart the pc and verify.

If you cannot able to make progress in the above error, then you may verify if you face the similar problem in dissimilar user account or new administrator account. You may form a new user account on your computer and then check. Create a new user account by going to control panel then select the new user account. And create the account as administrator and restart the pc with this account and check again the error persist or not.