Thread: Inconsistent startup with my imac G5

Inconsistent startup with my imac G5

I am using imac G5 and from few days I am observing inconsistent start up with my computer. Yesterday when I started my computer, then it started with a loud beep sound and worked fine. When I started my computer after 5 hours, then it took more time than the normal. In my computer only the first LED light goes on and sometime the computer works perfect and some tine not. I don’t know the cause of this inconsistent behavior. So please help me out. Thanks.

Re: Inconsistent startup with my imac G5

I have gone through your problem and I think that your problem seems to be related with the power supply unit. I will recommend you to go to the user, then to the applications. After that go to the Utilities and then finally to the console. Here you have to type maximum temp in the string machine window, which might be present at the top right. After you do this you will get a result. So try to copy past the result here. I will try to help you out after going through the result.

Before few months even I was facing the same problem with my computer. At that time I had solved my problem using a nice solution, so I will like to share the same solution with you. I will recommend you to reset the PRAM in your machine. If doing this does not solve your problem, then I will advise you to reset the SMU. You will definitely be able to fix your problem after trying these solutions. If you have any success regarding this problem, then try to reply me back.

I will like to suggest you a solution using which you can solve your problem. First try to shut down your computer. After the computer completely shutdowns, now try to unplug the power code. Then you will have t oppress and hold the power button for approximately 5 to 6 seconds. After that release the power button and now try to plug the power cord again. After that turn on the computer and see if it starts normally of not. I think this will fix your issue. If still you are facing the same problem, then reply me back.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried your solution of unplugging the cable cord and holding the power button for about 5 sec and again re-plugging the power cord, but this does not fixed my problem. Then after I had tried the solution of resetting the PRAM and the SMU and fortunately this time it did solved my issue. Now when i start my computer, then it starts normally without any problem. SO it was really a nice solution and for that I will like to thank you.