Thread: Icons missing from add/remove program list

Icons missing from add/remove program list

There are number of problem with my computer system and I am listing all the problems one by one. First problem is that whenever I am opening the add/remove programs, the icon tray is completely empty. But the menu bar is present there, I mean on the left side of the window. The other thing is that if I am changing the thing in classic menu then nothing is happening. I mean to say that nothing is happing if I am clicking on Add/Remove button. Currently I am not having any idea, why this problem is occurring but need to know the solution for this problem. If this problem can be solved by editing some registry values then please let me know, I am ready to do that.

Re: Icons missing from add/remove program list

You can try this for solving the problem you are facing. First you need to click on Start >> Run and after that you have to type >> Regsvr32 Appwiz.cpl and press Enter. If this thing is completed then you can reboot your computer system. After rebooting your computer system I am sure that your add/remove programs list will be populated with all the options. It will be better if you can provide details of your system. Because it helps us to provide a better solution to the problem that you are facing. If that does not help you to resolve the issue then provide the complete details related to your system.

I am also having similar problem. I am using windows vista operating system. When I open add/remove programs list there is not half of the programs installed on my computer and more for those are (very little) and the names that are present I cannot delete or modify it’s very annoying. I do not know what is the cause of this problem? I have already cleaned with ccleaner but nothing is done and I don’t have a restore point, hence the option for restoring the system is also not working for me. I seeking for help this kind of thing. Thank you in advance for the related reply.

Well I cannot help you for the problem of add/remove section but I can help you for the problem related to the restore point. For seeing the restore point you need create the restore point first. You just need to go to Start and then right click on My Computer and then on Properties and then on System Restore and see if the box is not check. For creating a restore point: Go to Start and then to All Programs and then to Accessories and then to System Tools and then to System Restore and then create a restore point etc. If you follow this procedure then you will be able to create restore point. Now I am thinking for your problem of add/remove. If I get the solution for this problem then I surely provide the solution for the same.

For you information I am not asking help for creating the restore point on my computer system. I want the help related to the problem of add/remove programs. Anyways thanks for the help that you have provided and I will be waiting for your next reply. Here some more information, I hope that this will help you to provide a better solution for the problem that I am having. I have done the cleaning of my system using application software like ccleaner. But this thing has gone in vain. I mean to say it has not resulted in anything good. I have also tried some other solutions that I have got from the other sites but those solution are also not resulting in anything..