Thread: Windows 7: Unable to create the ad hoc connection

Windows 7: Unable to create the ad hoc connection

Hello friends, before this I never had the problem while creating the Ad hoc connection. I am using the Laptop having the Windows 7 OS. Laptop is already having the built in Wi-Fi, so with the help of it I connect it anywhere. My Laptop is also connected directly to my router with the help of the Ethernet. When I connect the box to my system, I get the problem while connection. The large numbers of prompts pop up about joining a home group with passwords. I am unable to create the Ad Hoc Wi-Fi connection. The connection is partially connected but I am unable to share with the other computer system as it does not connect to the internet. I get the error messages on the screen that the dependency service or group failed to start and also Windows cannot setup ICS that is Internet Connection Sharing. Now how can I reset the Network Settings back to factory defaults? Please help

Re: Windows 7: Unable to create the ad hoc connection

First plug your system in to the wired connection in order to share the connection wirelessly with other. Then move in to your control panel, in that go to the Network and Sharing Center. After that now you find the link of Set up a new connection or network. Now after that the screen will prompt you that message that allows you to connect to the VPN or dial up or create a new ad hoc wireless network, this is what you want. You can now make use of the ad hoc network to share the files between two systems. Now you need to give the network name and select the security options. Also use the good size key even for the WPA2. After that the important option on this page is click the check box for saving the network, this is where the people miss. Now at this point your ad hoc network should be running and ready to start connecting your devices.

The very first thing is that you make sure that the Wi-Fi is on. Also reconfigure the adapter and Home group also use the trouble shooter by going in to the network & sharing centre. Then right click on the network connection icon or access it with the help of control panel. There are the steps to create an ad hoc network in Windows 7:
    1. Click on to the Start Windows icon and then type wireless in to the run menu. After that Click on Manage wireless networks.
    2. After that click on Add option in order to add a network.
    3. Now Click on to it and Create an ad hoc network.
    4. Click on Next and then enter a name for your network and configure the security options. Click on Next when you are done.

Windows 7: Create the Ad Hoc Network
    1. Very firstly Open the Start Menu on the Desktop, in that go to the Control Panel.
    2. In that Click On to the option of Network and Internet and then in that Click Network and Sharing Center.
    3. In that Change your networking settings and then click Set up a new connection or network.
    4. Select Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network.
    5. Click on Next button two times.
    6. Enter the name of the Network
    7. Select the Security WAP or WEP.
    8. Enter the Security key or password.
    9. Check Save this network check box and then Click Turn on Internet connection sharing