Thread: System gets locked up while playing game.

System gets locked up while playing game.

I have been having this problem for a small while,but put it down to the some virus. I had that problem so very understandingly helped me obtain do away with of. Essentially, When I play any kind of GPU support game on my computer be it on-line games or off-line, at the back a random amount of time, that time system is halted for some times and after I have to restart the computer. Some Blue screen cames and system is totaly blank. The mouse freezes and the only way to get out of it are to switch off the PC at the power button.I thought possibly it may be a graphics matter, so I uninstalled my drivers and all GC connected applications.

Re: System gets locked up while playing game.

If you have some problem on during playing a game. It may be possible your graphics fan is on or not. If is working fine that another problem may be your GPU driver is not install properly. It could be possible some virus attack can be deleted your driver or gaming applications. When you are play the game offline you have to check it is install correctly or not. Also you have to check power compatibility to your graphic card.

When you are play high graphics game. Its take power from to your system. That means can be possible your power voltage output is not giving properly supply or it effect on your GPU. That is main thing you have to change first power supply and restart the machine again and check out your game is working properly. If same problem again then you have to contact your hardware administrator.

Graphic card is the most play a role while playing any kind of graphic supported games. If any game is not running properly then your some GPU is getting problem. Normally almost of these cases I am seeing the same problem may be its overheating. If you are using HW monitor or GPU-Z monitor the GPU’s temps. . I think one of those will let you save the temps to a monitor file so you can check them after a freeze/crash.

You have tried playing at lower resolutions or reducing other graphical features. Personally, I have had similar problems with an AGP x850pro that I've flashed with xt/pe bios and added an ATI Silencer 5 cooler. I notice when I play COD2 at max it will freeze intermittently to which I have reboot the machine. If I lower the resolution to say 1024x768 it runs very well.