Thread: Unable to boot system keeping Hard drive connected

Unable to boot system keeping Hard drive connected

I have a system with the windows Xp installed on it and with the Intel dual core processor 1GB RAM with 120 GB hard disk. The thing here is that I am not able to soot my system when the hard disk is connected to the motherboard. Whenever I start my system the system freezes at the start itself and it doesn’t give me any result on the screen. So I have checked the same thing connecting with the different hard disk then it was working fine. I don’t know what it wrong with my hard disk and also not able to understand how I can solve the issue. Please help me o get rid of this case.

Re: Unable to boot system keeping Hard drive connected

According to me there is something wrong with the operating system that you have installed. As mentioned by you that you are using the windows XP and it may have happen that it is being corrupted. So what you have to do here s that uninstall the windows Xp and then install the proper and the fresh copy of the same. It will help you to start your system without any error. I hope that installing the fresh copy of windows XP will resolve your problem.

I think that the hard drive that you have is corrupted and you need to hard reset the same. If you are hard resetting the hard drive then the data will be deleted and you will get the new one to work with it. I am sure that formatting the hard drive will help you solve your issue but make sure that you are keeping backup of the previous data that you have and which is important for you.

Have you ever tried to enter your system in the safe mode, because I feel that there is nothing wrong with the operating system and also the hard disk that you have. It is only the virus those who have corrupted you important files and due to this you are getting this output. So do one thing enter the safe mode and then if the system starts fine you just scan it with the antivirus installed. And if there is virus on the system then it will detect and delete the same. But keep one thing in mind deleting virus is not the concern but after that you have to reinstall the operating system because it is being infected by viruses. I am sure that doing this will help you to solve your problem.

Well I guess you can easily solve this problem by just resetting some jumpers. It may have happen that the jumpers are set to the cable select and if so then you have to change it. If the hard drive jumpers are set to the cable select then the system tends to behave in this manner. So what you have to do in this case is that just change the jumper setting and set it to Master or Slave. Try this one it will definitely help you because I have also faced the similar kind of problem and fixed it in the same way.