Thread: DWM.exe crash on startup in windows 7

DWM.exe crash on startup in windows 7

I have newly setup Windows 7 and all of an abrupt I obtain an error DWM.exe cannot open each time I login to Windows 7. No viruses on my computer at all. At the present I cannot make use of any of the personalization alternatives for the desktop. The transparency or clearness does not even work any longer. I previously attempted letting Windows 7 fix itself, but that did not work.

Re: DWM.exe crash on startup in windows 7

I think you must know that DWM.exe is Desktop Window Manager. It is a windows procedure which wants to be in progress for the aero and additional features to work on windows 7. DWM is that provides you every those attractive things in Windows Vista or windows 7 Transparent windows, live taskbar thumbnails , and even the Flip3D switcher that you can immobilize and reinstate with Switcher. I recommend that you make sure whether Desktop Service Manager is running.
    To perform this:
    1. Click on Start
    2. Type services in the start search box.
    3. At the present make sure position of the "Desktop Service Manager".

Try updating the graphic drivers and observe if it create any dissimilarity. You have to be logged on as an administrator to achieve these steps.
    1. Release Device Manager by simply clicking on the Start button- then click Control Panel- and click on System and Maintenance, and after that clicking Device Manager. If you are encouraged for an administrator password or corroboration, type the password or supply verification.
    2. In Device Manager, place the Display adapter, and after that twice click the device name.
    3. Click the Driver tab, and after that click on Update Driver and go behind the advice.

Dwm.exe procedure is responsible to exhibit glossy and transparent graphics property as 3D elements, live window thumbnail preview, aero glass preview and controls themes and images. In Windows Vista and Windows 7 Desktop Window Manager executes this task for any application window that earlier than displaying its output to end user, that have to map their all mechanism to an exact part of memory where those are wearing a veil with 3D effects and after that converted to the last respectable format.

I am containing difficulty with dwm.exe and explorer.exe starting up properly occasionally on windows7. It does not occur each day. Initially, it was just dwm.exe, but at this time, it is for all time both or neither. I can start up explorer.exe using task manager, but I know something has to be reasoning the problem, so I would like to obtain it set earlier than it turns into a foremost trouble. I had not installed any novel programs while the error primary takes place. I make use of ETrust Security Suite and Spybot Search and demolish to attempt to keep my PC spotless. I as well have gotten into the routine of letting Firefox keep in mind the previous hardly any tabs I had release from the earlier day, so if that could be reasoning the problem with dwm, let me know and I will discontinue doing that. I have a homebuilt computer with a suitable copy of windows 7 that I purchased so I can re install it if required, but I actually don't wish to do that and mislay all my programs and files.