Thread: Windows 7 desktop is not refreshing until I press F5

Windows 7 desktop is not refreshing until I press F5

I have desktop refreshing problem with the Windows 7. If I drag drop any file or folder to my desktop then it get copied there but that is not visible. To make that visible, I have to refresh desktop either by right clicking or by pressing key F5. Even if I delete any file from desktop then also I am able to see that file on desktop and after refreshing only it get disappear. I have searched for this on internet but not got any perfect solution for this. It will be really helpful to me if you provide any solution for this.

re: Windows 7 desktop is not refreshing until I press F5

It may be because of some bug in your system drive. Tryout the steps mentioned below and see if that is helping you or not.
    1. First of all, open my computer from your desktop.
    2. Right click on C: drive and select the properties.
    3. This will open the property window with different tabs on it. Select the tools tab.
    4. You will see the button for “check now” under Error-checking. If it asks for the administrator password then provide that and press enter.
      • You have to select the option for automatically fix file system errors, if you want to repair the problem with the files automatically.
      • If you select can for and attempt recovery of bad sectors then this will scan and fix the physical errors from the drive. But it will take a long time to complete.
      • You can select both automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors if you want to ensure for both file errors as well as physical errors.
    5. Click on start button.

You can perform the SFC (System File Checker) scan for your computer. It is possible that some of the files may be missing or corrupted from in your system. If that is the case then this will scan and replace all the corrupted files from your computer. Follow the steps given below to do this:
    1. Go to start and select the accessories and right click on the command prompt and select Run as administrator.
    2. If you have set the password then it will ask the administrator password. Type the password and press Enter.
    3. After that you have to type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and press Enter.
    4. It will show you the following screen message.
      Beginning the system scan. This process will take some time.
      Beginning verification phase of system scan.
      Verification % complete.
    5. After the completion of the process, you will again see the message as:
      … found no integrity violations
      … found corruption but repaired it
      … found corruption that it could not repair

Your BIOS may be outdated and therefore it is creating such issues. My suggestion to you is to update the BIOS to the latest version. There are more chances that updating the BIOS solves the issue for you. I can say this because it was the reason when I was getting the similar issue. I updated the BIOS and it solves the problem for me. I hope that this will do the same for you.

Scan the system with the antivirus and see whether that is solving the problem for you or not? There may be some viruses causing this problem. Before scanning your should confirm that the antivirus that you are using is up to date. Otherwise it will miss some viruses and the issue may persist. This should be the first thing that you should do in such cases.