Thread: How to customize windows 7 taskbar

How to customize windows 7 taskbar

Hi I am having a Dell Vostro 1014 laptop and using it from the last few months and having the Windows 7 pro 64 bit installed on and the Intel core2 duo processor. I have kept all the icons on the system to be small. That is I have enabled the small icons on the desktop as well as the taskbar, But the icons on the taskbar seems to be large. Also sometimes my taskbar automatically shifts to the left of the screen that is vertical to the screen. And the size of the taskbar is also very thin. How can I bring my taskbar and the icons to the regular and original size? Please help me out of this case.

Re: How to customize windows 7 taskbar

So you are also facing the similar problem as many Windows 7 users do. And if you you have to fix the issue that you are facing then just follow the below steps:
    • First of all right click on the taskbar
    • And then select the properties.
    • Then a properties window will open in that you have to select the taskbar tab.
    • And there will be an option saying that “Use small icons” what you have to do is just check that option, I mean to say select that option.
    • After that you have to also select the “Never combine” in the button section.
    • I am sure that doing this will definitely solve your issue and will give you a taskbar according to your requirements.

I think you can easily solve this issue by just entering the system properties, What you have to do here is that just right click on the desktop and then select the personalize option. This will take you to the window where you can solve your problem. After that you have to select the display option and then select the Horizontal or vertical direction for the taskbar. And in the same display option you can set the size of the icons on the desktop. I hope doing this one will help you to resolve your problem.

According to me you have to install taskbar manger software that customizes the taskbar as well as sets it as you want. I have also installed the similar kind of software and it is doing wonders for me. And I also have similar kind of software for you, the Taskbar manager 3.6. It customizes the taskbar and allows you to play with it. You can use the task bar in the manner you want. It also gives you the facility of changing the swapping the positions of the tabs which is not possible in the normal taskbar. It also allows you to hide the icons on the taskbar which provides security for some of the important files and folders or applications of yours. It can schedule the automatic system shutdown/logoff/restart for you. So just go for this one which will really be helpful to you.

I am also facing the similar kind problem where I am not able to combine the buttons on the tab or you can say the tabs on the task bar. The thing here is that whenever I open multiple windows the tab list goes on increasing and then the size of the taskbar automatically increases. I don’t know why the similar kind of tabs is not combining with each other and also not able to solve it. Please help me to solve the issue it has frustrated me a lot.