Thread: Threat fire installation takes 50% of CPU resources

Threat fire installation takes 50% of CPU resources

I have got a desktop system from Dell, as far as my system configuration is concerned , it is quite good, I have intel core 2 duo processor and 2Gb of RAM , Windows Xp dual boot and an Ubuntu operating system as well ,. I use them both simultaneously . But since I have installed a Threat fire solution , my system is working very slow, it eats up 50% of the cpu usage and it takes along time to open even a small home page. What is threat fire used for, is it a virus ? How can I improve the performance of my system , please guide me . I can give you all the information you need. Please give you your response as soon as you can. I had installed Symantec antivirus then ?

Re: Threat fire installation takes 50% of CPU resources

I think there is one way to check which software is actually causing the your resources to drain, first I think you should check the Threat fire itself. To check whther Threat fire is really sucking your CPu usage , you can stop it for a while. I did the same thing when I faced this issue. Since I had no Antivirus installed . To stop Threatfire just right click along the ctrl key on the tray where you will see the Threat fire icon the and click on exit. Then go to Run , open the Command prompt and type net stop Threatfire. This command will temporarily shut the threatfire and will not start unless the Windows boots again. This way you can check whether Threat fire is really causing the issue or not.

Well if you are not used to technical terms and jargons then you can call it as a Antivirus , but moreover it is a supplement to antivirus that observes the suspicious behavior of your system. But according to you it is creating some suspicious behavior itself rather than detecting it. Well I think there might be some other issues because I have myself used that application without any issue. But if you think it is causing the menace then do not hesitate to uninstall it and go for kaspersky.

I too faced the similar issue with the threat fire, day one was absolutely fine , but later on it started to show it’s colors, and the problems increased , first the Excel stopped working , then the Windows rebooted after every 15 minutes. I have temporary turned it off. You said you have installed Symantec antivirus recently , This is the foremost reason why it is tacking lots of Cpu resources. I bought another tool named Blink, but it cost me 25.