Thread: Unable to uninstall Windows 7 home basic

Unable to uninstall Windows 7 home basic

I have installed the windows 7 home basic on my system and that to on C: (C drive) and later on I installed the windows 7 ultimate in the f: (F drive) from altogether a different source that is from different disk. Now the thing here is that I am not able to uninstall the windows 7 home basic. Since it is a basic edition that is the reason why I have decided to uninstall the same but it is not letting me to do so. Does anyone ever have faced such problem if yes then please let me know how to get rid of the problem that I am facing.

Re: Unable to uninstall Windows 7 home basic

Well in this case you have to login through the other windows 7 edition which you have installed in the F drive and then uninstall the other one. and if you are not allowed to do so the just do one thing go with the windows 7 ultimate and then format the c: this will help you to uninstall the windows 7 home edition. I am sure this will work.

I am also facing the similar kind of problem and unable to install the windows 7 and the other thing here is that I tried to format the c: but failed to do that also. In fact it is giving me an error saying that “it cannot delete/format active system partition.” Now I am really help less in this case and can’t really understand what to do. So please help me and let me know how to get rid of this issue.

Definitely it will not allow you to uninstall the windows 7 from the c: if you are having one install in the other drive, and also will not allow you to format the c: It is giving you this error because the c: in which you have already saved the windows home basic contains not only the primary boot sector but also the basic Windows Boot Loader. And if a drive contains the boot loader then it is not been allowed to delete.

It seems to me that you are trying to format a drive which is having a boot loader which is not possible. So what you have to do in this case is that just login with the windows 7 ultimate and then have an access over c: and then you have to delete the Windows and Users folders. It will delete all the information regarding the operating system you want and if possible delete the program files folder also which is consuming unnecessary space. After that insert the Windows 7 CD and then repair it by setting the boot loader again. I am sure that doing this will definitely help you.

To get rid of this problem you have to format your hard disk. The thing here is that formatting the hard disk will allow you to install the fresh copy of operating system and then will allow you to work on the same. So what you have to do in this case keep back up of all the data that you need and then hard reset it. I am sure that it will delete all the existing partition and will allow you do the partition you require. I hope that it will help you to solve the issue