Thread: Both Chkdsk and recovery volume is not working

Both Chkdsk and recovery volume is not working

I have encompassed a laptop by means of windows 7 64 on it and a program called "diskeeper" at present the tribulations is not by means of the program it merely demonstrate the predicament so here is the tribulations in diskeeper it demonstrates two volumes a C: drive and a Recovery volume at present I be able to run chkdsk in the C drive on the other hand not be able to run chkdsk in the recovery volume, (which is regarding 15 MB) I necessitate to run chkdsk previous to I be able to dfrag it, as I get a error by means of the intention of says it requirements to run chkdsk previous to it be able to be dfraged, I have comprised and endeavor safe mode and chkdsk C: /R/F which runs, additional than the recovery volume tranquil demonstrates up as not having chkdsk run, so I would be grateful for several help at the entire on this tribulations I need some help here.

Re: Both Chkdsk and recovery volume is not working

Do not defrag the recovery partition or separation. Presently pay no attention to it. And for future suggestion, chkdsk /r assumes the "f" switch. The accurate command is immediately "chkdsk /r". There is no reason to moreover checkdisk or defragment a recovery separation. In view of the fact by means of the intention of the contents of the drives do not revolutionize and are merely read when you execute a recovery, errors not be able to be introduced, and for the similar reason the drive does not get fragmented. Well, I managed to get the majority of the whole thing I desirable off my comp and on to an additional comp, so at present I am willing to endeavor no matter which by means of the intention of might give me back my laptop, I would do a format additional than merely tribulations is with the intention of I do not have encompassed my windows cd to any further extent, it got quite damaged. Observe if I be able to boot up on it and then format the drive.

Ok, I have comprised tribulations by means of my HDD I believe be able to at least be helped by working with chkdsk in dos. The predicament is by means of the intention of lately I encompass been receiving a significant error-memory dump screen and reboot when playing several hardware hogging games I have encompassed. So of course when it reboots it comes up by means of a page commencing Microsoft hold up or maintain saying with the intention of the most excellent fix is to run chkdsk, so I go into the chkdsk and encompass it schedule a scan when it reboots, I have it reboot and right subsequent to the windows XP screen comes up it goes blank display the busy light comes up and blinks for a bit then hangs and does not go several additional so I end up include to shut it down and restart it, hit F8 and then hit the "Utilize the previous working configuration" in organize to get back into windows, otherwise it determine to do the similar thing the entire in excess of again, get to the blank screen and lock up. So I am wondering what might be causing this and what I am able to do regarding it. I was thinking perhaps a innovative reinstall of windows XP would do a number of superior, additional than my XP cd has been damaged, I retain information in sequence back on windows 95 and windows 98 there were cab files on the hdd by means of the intention of might be utilized to reinstall the os, I was wondering if XP did the similar thing and how I might reinstall utilizing them, in view of the fact with the intention of I not be able to get into several kind of dos or something to do it with.

If you desire to stop the routine reboot and produce an error message for this you have to right hit it off My computer after that you have to go to properties then to the advanced option after that to the startup+ recovery to the option settings and at the end to the system failure box-uncheck the "automatically restart" box. Position the error message the subsequently time it occurs. You might encompass the files you necessitate in the I386 folder on your system. Be able to you at least read and evaluate the I386 folder commencing your xp cd. Ok I presently had a terrible crash most recent night by means of the intention of made it so by means of the intention of I had to endeavor more than a few times previous to I might get back into windows, it reserved saying it was having a read error by means of the disk, I am guessing by means of the intention of the hdd is receiving worse and worse, so I am going to necessitate to backup my files real almost immediately, I am going to leave the system on in windows for at present and endeavor not to run no matter which with the intention of might take up a lot of the hardware resources.

I have originate a way to back up my files, I am utilizing my network to send the files on a dissimilar system by means of a burner and I am currently burning the entire my desirable files, subsequent to I have completed by means of the intention of I determine to endeavor the programs you encompass recommended and anticipate they work, if they do not and my system be supposed to crash for superior, then it’s ok for the reason with the intention of I determine to have comprised the entire my files backed up, on the other hand I am truly anticipating this is not the end of my computer for superior I had done by means of the intention of it took me regarding 50 tries to get back into windows, safe mode is not running, I have comprised and endeavor by means of the intention of a dozen times. I do not be familiar with what to do, I am going to be getting an innovative computer almost immediately additional than I necessitate to get the files off this one previous to it becomes shot. I am not even certain how long this is going to last previous to I crash the entire in excess of again.

These programs are not supply hogs so they be supposed to run extremely well on your system. Yes you be able to install windows XP utilizing the I386 folder in addition I would endeavor working with a hard drive diagnostic (download for free commencing hard drive manufacturer website) observe the floppy disk / DOS version or description on an additional note. You be able to utilize a Windows XP install CD or even stream and copy this by means of the intention of is not illegal or piracy as extended as the versions or descriptions are the similar and you USE your 25 character CD install key you not be able to mix version or description of windows xp even though you not be able to utilize a xp home edition disk additional than install code commencing windows xp pro etc additional than its simple to take a matching disk and improve it at the same time as you are at it. You be able to take a windows xp similar version cd and slipsteam or "add" service pack 2 to it then you determine to encompass a innovative bootable windows xp cd disk I anticipate you be able to locate YOUR 25 character install code.