Thread: Windows XP: appearing Direct3D output instead of playing any video file

Windows XP: appearing Direct3D output instead of playing any video file

Recently upgrade the VLC version from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 in my windows XP pro compatible machine. There is no reason for the update it just for getting the experience of update version. This is working fine with all it features to play any file. This is very media player for any platform. The problem in this player is that whenever I click on the multimedia file, either the audio or video file, it responds nothing. I seen in the task manager the VLC is running over there, but no activity is there. I again tried by double clicking on the same file and it comes with a popup windows with the name “Direct3D output”. But no video is flashing in the video window. And if I close that popup window then the whole video window will close. This is quite irritating problem and this happens with only VLC player. Any idea about this problem? Suggest me something to fix this issue.

Re: Windows XP: appearing Direct3D output instead of playing any video file

I think this problem is occurring for any third party software application installed in your machine or that one might be not properly installed or configured. So for that I would like to suggest you to re-install the graphical interface application by following the process, go to the control panel and click on add and remove option tab, now look for the interface name in the drop down list and select that and click on the uninstall or remove option. This will appear the un-installation window in the screen. Delete all the application files of that software, it will ask you for that at the beginning of the process. And it might be require for the system reboot, do this. Now take for the fresh installation of that software application and suggest you to before proceeding into the installation process remove all the file from the temporary and the directory of the memory. Make the entire necessary configuration with the interface; I hope after the fr4esh installation that problem that you mentioned will not occur again.

Install the DirectX application in your machine and if it asking for any specification do this. Open the player application window and go to the VLC preferences, and then select the settings option. Under that window go to Video and then proceed to output module option, select the DirectX module from the list, which will situated in the name "DirectX video output", click on SAVE and restart VLP interface windows, I suggest you, it will better to restart the machine instead of restart the player application. Now from onward while you are willing to play any video file this will play with this output module. I had the exact similar issue in my machine then I also did this and after that now there not pop-up window will appear instead of playing that file. I am sure this will help you. Otherwise if the problem is still happens there then recommend you to re-install the player software.

Just few days back I also encountered this problem, whenever I was played any video file, it will pop-up a window instead of playing that video file. And if I close this it will close the whole player application window. Up to few months I watched movies or any video files in this way. I did not replace the player because I most like the player environment; it is good with video and audio both. Whenever the pop-up window was appear, I simply minimize the windows into the task manager, and by this I can able to watch the video in my laptop. Then after searching so many web sites, I found a solution which is simply by deleting the %appdata%\vlc folder from the VLC player installation folder, and it works. I recommend you to remove the file from the installation folder of your machine. It works.

I suggest you after the upgrade that you mentioned in your post did you reset the preferences of the player; it needed to reset or reconfigure the player if you upgrade the player version. I think the second window is appearing for the second time of clicking in the video file. The Direct3D output minimal video is might be appearing for the minimal video option is enabling in the preference windows, check it there and disable that one, along with that reset all the desired preferences in the window regarding video and audio.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I am running windows vista 32-bit system architecture and recently update the VLC version from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5. the reason for the upgrade is, in the earlier version whenever I click on any video file it will appear with the player application that is OK, but in pause mode, I have to make it in play mode and other problem like, it also freezes while the player is appeared with the file that I select to play. But in the update version there I am also facing some issue, which is after clicking on any file, the player interface window is appears but along with that a pop-up window with the Direct3D output, I have to minimize that one for watching the video file. How to fix this issue? Anyone having any solution for this?