Thread: Lenovo U330 ideapad: how to flash the BIOS

Lenovo U330 ideapad: how to flash the BIOS

I am having a very serious problem with my Lenovo U330 ideapad laptop, which is running under the windows vista environment. After the 6 months I am encountered that the machine getting heated instead of the actual range, I found that it head in the range of ~45*C to ~61*C, and for that the machine It is not responding properly, it stopped working anytime. The machine is compatible with 2GB RAM and 256GB hard disk. Is this problem is occurring for the ATI card enabled in the machine. I tested the machine in both windows 7 and the Linux environment, in both the environment it heated in same range. I tried to change the BIOS setting from in the machine, but this problem does not allow flashing the BIOS. Can anyone suggest me what is the actual problem? Any fix for this issue? Any information regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Lenovo U330 ideapad: how to flash the BIOS

There is no need to upgrade the BIOS directly from the machine, you just burn the image file of the BIOS in a separate disk and then upgrade the BIOS with that. For that open the burner application that you installed in your machine. And chooser the "New Compilation" select the CD-ROM (Boot) from that window and click on Boot and click on Image file, select the place in the machine where you are willing to save the boot.img file and click on new button. Now insert the newly burned disk into the CD/DVD ROM drive and restart the machine and try to upgrade the bios file with the help the burned bootable file.

Close all the application are reboot the machine, press on f12 key from the keyboard after the machine manufacture logo will appear in the screen. It will enter you into the BIOS setting window you can also do the same from the CD or the USB drive, if you stored the BIOS earlier on that devices. Then after come to this stage insert the VD into the drive and boot the machine with the CD ROM, a directory will prompt into your screen which is looks like A:\ prompt, where the drive is contains the file of the image create file in the disk which you insert into the drive the file should be boot.img. Another directory will be appear there which will contains the BIOS update file. Switch to that directory and in the command prompt type the name of the BIOS file with the .exe extension. Now to upgrade the BIOS follow the onscreen instructions on your machine.

I also recommend you to update the BIOS file in the latest version, run the windows operating system that you are installed in your machine and, along with that insert the power adapter and close all the applications those running under that. For the windows vista run the following the file 0FCN67WW.exe, which will be located in the windows folder. Click on install and the choose the flash bios option, reboot the machine after refresh the BIOS, be remember that while the BIOS is refreshing do not unplug the power cord of the machine. And don’t try to do some other task in the machine.