Thread: The Computer freezes at gateway logo

The Computer freezes at gateway logo

I am using a gateway PC. The recent problem I have got in this PC is when the system turns on it goes till the gateway screen or logo appears then automatically stops booting. Everything freezes without any error or message. I can’t do anything to get out from this. I just have to restart the computer once again. Another problem because of freezing in gateway logo I can’t even boot in safe mode. Unable to use recovery disk also. There was no lights on keyboard and mouse also. Without the light how can I go to the boot menu? I can’t tell that whether it is an Operating system issue or the system hardware issue. But I couldn’t find the solution yet. Can anyone tell how can I move without the freeze? Should I need to do any upgrade or am I missing something there? Any good solution will be appreciated.

Re: The Computer freezes at gateway logo

I heard from many PC users that their gateway PC is making much freeze than other computers. I don’t know what the reason is. The actual thing is most of the freeze on startup or bootup happens due to the system hardware failure. First of all unplug the power supply from your computer then check all the hardware connections along with their external peripherals. The freezes will happen due to the improperly connected peripherals, components, wires, cables and PCI cards etc. if there is any damage in those things then either system won’t start at all or the system freezes before startup, otherwise after the startup.

There are several reasons for the system freeze when the gateway logo screen appears. If your system has infected with virus or other malicious program, application then the system may cause to crash. Some virus disables the loading of OS. The actual thing about virus is when they infected on your system they won’t start at the same time. They just install the payload on the system files and when you restart your computer it runs and loads its program to do unwanted things such as one you are currently facing. For this issue you need to reinstall the OS once again or you can use some liveCDs to backup your data and clean those infected files.

If you are unable to see the lights on keyboard or mouse when the system freeze then use other model keyboards and see whether it will work or not. Otherwise simply unplug the keyboard when the system get freeze and re attach it once again. The main thing you have to make sure that if you are using USB keyboard or mouse then they won’t work until the Login screen appears. I don’t know every USB keyboards are like this, I am just telling my experience. You cannot enter the boot menu using USB keyboard or some kind of Bluetooth enabled keyboard. It is just the issues in Windows computers; I don’t have any idea about other OS.

If the computer freezes to gateway logo screen then turn of the system and unplug its power cord. Now open your CPU box and remove the RAM. Now clean their respective slots. If there are other slots are free then insert the RAM on that, otherwise put into the same slot. Check the power cables and attach it properly to their respective places. Check the PCI cards also if they are present. If you know how to remove processor and its cooling peripherals then remove them, clean the fan and cooling system gently and put all of them in the same position. Now restart your computer and see whether it is doing the same thing or not.

There is an easy way to handle your problem; maybe you can try the software "tuneup360". My friends and I all use it, which can help you fix all the problems you may encounter.

It seems to me that you haven’t upgraded your OS and also the BIOS in your system that’s why your system has been freezing at gateway logo. If the HDD got some problem then also it might be possible. Try to change the Hard Disk first and reinstall the OS. Now it might be working. The damage of Hardware sectors would cause the same kind of issue. It is also included to the secondary HDD. If the system overheat much more than normal temperature and the fan unable to cool it then also the system will not responds to any request either by the user or by the OS. Resetting of CMOS battery will also solves the problem sometime.