Thread: Need help to upgrade raid

Need help to upgrade raid

I am wondering what my most excellent path is. Endeavor to install Dual Boot or clean install in excess of my present XP. My biggest concern is receiving Windows 7 to be familiar by means of and load onto my Raid array. I in addition have encompassed a second 500GB Raid 1 array for data on the similar controller. I am recently working with 32 bit XP pro on an Asus P5K motherboard by means of an Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 processer and a guarantee Fast Trak TX4130 raid controller. The present OS is on two 80GB Segate SATA II hdd working with raid 1 (mirror). I desire to upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit utilizing one license commencing Windows Home Premium Family pack. Thanks for several suggestions.

Re: Need help to upgrade raid

Would you think regarding eliminating it, and be familiar with how. It is accessible commencing your BIOS boot screen right. Would not the drive imaging by means of the intention of is at present built in to Windows 7 create a superfluous array redundant. Most of them have encompassed a lot of tribulations here by means of RAID on Windows 7 install. To encompass a totally current backup in case of drive failure by means of no down time as this system is utilized for business purposes.

Your board sustains or maintains RAID1 utilizing an Intel ICH9 Southbridge. If you desire to run RAID1 for data sanctuary why not generate a RAID1 array for your boot drive commencing the BIOS utilizing your board's ICH9 controller. The Windows 7 be supposed to observe the array completely and install by means of no trouble. On one occasion running, you possibly determine to get the Promise controller working with and reattach the array you have. Be capable of I do the inaugurate on a solitary drive and then generate the array subsequent to the fact or be supposed to it be completed prior to the windows 7 install. I have encompassed got a mirrored drive of the premature XP install by means of the intention of I might do the windows 7 clean install in excess of to get verification for activation.

My board has the ICH9 southbridge and it come into view you must encompass ICH9R for Raid to be sustained or maintained so I guess I am out of luck there immediately for information in sequence, I was capable to upgrading commencing XP Pro 32 bit to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on a Raid 1 array by Booting commencing inaugurate Disc and provided with the intention of Promise 64 bit Raid driver when required. The install continue without a hitch. According to this, the basically category of video card you be able to run is a PCI one.

I have encompassed a Dell Inspiron 1721 and I am thinking regarding upgrading the OS commencing Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate. As I interpret on this and additional discussion, there has been a tribulations installing Windows 7, additional than I observe you have encompassed managed to pass this tribulations. Did you endeavor to do a clean inaugurate of Windows 7 or you immediately upgraded commencing Windows Vista. If I endeavor to do a clean install, determine to it let me to install it and utilize it.

The MB you have comprised merely sustains or maintains DDR266 and these modules might not be backwards well-matched to DDR266. On the other hand, you might be capable to set the timings manually and tranquil utilize them, if you are planning on improvement to a newer MB later. Additional than I would recommend 2-CM64SD1024-2100 modules for this MB. The Promise FastTrak S150 TX2plus card ("FT card") is organize for SATA RAID 1 in a Dell Dimension 8300 by means of XP Pro SP2. Array was most favorable prior to upgrading endeavor, and neither drive had errors. Drives to be replaced are 120 gb and determine to be upgraded to innovative identical 300 gb drves. Procedures I replaced one 120 gb HD by means of a 300 gb HD. The arrangement rebuilt itself by means of no tribulations. I then replaced the additional 120 gb HD by means of an identical 300 gb HD.