Thread: Recovery Console does not recognize CD after being opened with it

Recovery Console does not recognize CD after being opened with it

I have certain problem with regards to Window XP. When I use to insert XP bootable CD while recovery console and I followed the instruction given then at the time I click the enter key from the key-board it gives the following error that “Insert the Floppy disk or CD in the CD drive” and press enter to continue with the processing. I tried again and again by inserting the CD but it use to display the same error again. And after some time it shows the Event Viewer shows "System Error (102)". Please help me out what to do to solve this problem. If you have any answer to this question.

Re: Recovery Console does not recognize CD after being opened with it

At the time of using the recovery console the only key it will allow is 1 for C:\Windows.
    DIR C:\ that gives a complete catalog of the directories that are available in C:\ and, after mapping below reverts to C:\Windows.
    Dir D:\ gets
    Directory of D:\ 09/10/2010 05:40p d------- 0 DCIM
    19 file(S) 0 bytes
    1660075444 bytes free
    In a usual Windows boot you will have no problems seeing the file ntoskrnl.exe in the I386 folder of the D drive. This message fetch due to the problem with restore points that you have not being accepted before in my Wndow XP that I use, I have turned off that feature. Before installation of major applications I have exported the registry copy to a folder but found that some of the fresh ones were corrupted. So from my point of view this is due to registry error you have to clean the registry and if corrupted repair them. And thanks for using this method.

Hi! First of all check whether your CD is proper? If your CD is corrupted or it might have lost some file missing during the installation it will display that some file is missing or remove the connection of your CD/DVD drive and plug it again to check whether it is working properly. If it is working proper, take back up of your whole important document and install the fresh copy of XP using new bootable CD.

Missing or corruption of NTOSKRNL.EXE file generally causes the problem of not able to detect the CD form the CD drive. It is not the problem of your CD/DVD drive. Try the below method, the first condition is to turn on your system, which will need a bootable XP CD-ROM or DVD. In the case of Window XP 2, you require the disk called “Emergency Repair Disk”. Then select Boot NT commencing the setup disks and choose R in the boot menu, after which you will require to go into the ERD. For XP, begin from the CD-ROM or DVD and in the setup menu, choose R for recovery. After that you will require to choose the installation you wish to repair and enter the admin password which you have given if it is there otherwise go further. In order to restore the file called ntoskrnl.exe and/or hall.dll files type these commands at the command prompt, each of these entry should follow the enter
    d:\i386\ntoskrnl.ex_ c:\windows\system32
    d:\i386\hal.dl_ c\windows\system32