Thread: Not able to reinstall windows XP Pro on my Dell Latitude D600 Laptop

Not able to reinstall windows XP Pro on my Dell Latitude D600 Laptop

From few months I m facing lot of problem on my Dell Laptop, which is running under the environment of windows XP pro. So I am decided to reinstall the windows environment and tried to reinstall the windows XP. However in the starting the installation is report that it is missing two files of NVIDIA graphic card driver, with the name as nvgts.sys and nvrd32.sys. Soon while it start loading the file into RAM, it gives another error message that the files are missing and ask me to abort the process. I click on YES. While I insert the driver disk, it said that to locate them form the floppy disk. I can’t understand why this problem occurs after a fresh installation. Any one is there having any idea on this issue? Any suggestion, provide me..

Re: Not able to reinstall windows XP Pro on my Dell Latitude D600 Laptop

I don’t think the issue that you mentioned in your post will not encountered at the beginning of the installation process. While you are going to reinstall the operating system, after the installation window will appear, this will first select the hardware configuration in you r machine, this will only allow you to do either the re-installation or to repair the windows version. I think you did not install the operating system. I am telling this because I had the similar issue, after that I found that it was not properly configured in my machine with the appropriate instructions. you also need to delete the partition of the earlier version, this will appear after the checking all the configuration of the machine to install any windows environment.

I also think that you did not install the operating system properly. I did the reinstall of the windows Vista in my computer. Insert the windows boot able disk in to the CD/DVD ROM drive and reboot the machine. After the windows installation appears in the screen it will require for press any key to begin the installation process. Insert the number and hit on ENTER. It will automatically detect the hardware that are installed in your machine, it will also check all the system specification. This is to check whether the windows version is compatible with the machine or not. After that it will require for agree the license agreement of the windows application after the selection it will ask you for the selection of drive if you select the same drive where the last version was installed then it will automatically format the drive first and then install the windows version. After all the process the system will require for reboot. Reboot the machine and then I hope there will be no problem in your machine.

Go to the device and make sure that all the drivers for your machine are listed there in that window. Which version you installed in your machine? I think the windows version that you installed second time in your machine this could be the update version than the earlier version, so for that , the drivers are might be not works in that environment. For that you have update each of the driver from the driver by the manual process, you just got to driver tab under the device manager windows which is situated in the properties windows of your window version. And locate each of the drivers those you want to work in your machine, just each one and right click on the name of that driver, it will appear with the updater option. Click on the update, and this will easily upgrade the version of your hardware driver according to the environment that you have. Remember that after the upgrade of a driver, the system reboot might be required.

Similar issue with my Dell computer, after upgrade that one from windows XP normal to service pack 1. It shows that it missing the driver which I installed earlier. Is these are not supported in service pack 1 version. I checked by going to driver tab under the device manager option of my computer, it shows all the divers are listed over there, so why they are not showing while I start the window? Any suggestion on this problem?