Thread: Windows XP: not able to start missing Windows XP - c_437.nls

Windows XP: not able to start missing Windows XP - c_437.nls

Having a HP computer with the environment of Windows XP pro, which was working fine till the last few days. But in suddenly while I was playing a movie in my computer the machine freezes automatically and ask to stop program. I was not able to close the movie directly, I close this from the process tab of the task manager and then I reboot the computer. During the start-up it takes much than the other time and this time I am not able to open the windows, after appearing the HP logo in my screen a message is appeared like the window cannot be open for the missing file windows/system32/c_437.nls. I am not a technical person, so I have no such deep idea about this type problem, so I am here, looking for valuable suggestion regarding the problem. I hope anyone help me to solve this issue.

Re: Windows XP: not able to start missing Windows XP - c_437.nls

I recommend you to recover the operating system; it is a windows file so it might be recover after the fresh installation of windows environment this problem might be overcome. So for that boot your machine from the windows XP installation disk, after appearing the windows logo press “R” key, it will prompt to the windows console recovery windows, type the following D:\I386\c_437.nl_ C:\WINDOWS\system32\c_437.nls keyword in the RUN command line and press on enter, if your primary drive is another one then place the letter of that drove like “C” of “E” instead of “D”. it will detect the file from the installation file and allow you to overwrite the file which name you insert into the RUN command prompt. I hope after that you will able to start the window.

I think there is only solution for this problem, this type of problem might not been overcome. So for that you need to bring the installation disk. Insert the disk into your ROM drive and reboot the machine and after the window will appear in your machine screen start press f8 it will appear the window installation window. Look for the repair option in that window, click on that option and follow the online instructions to do the operation. I am sure after repair this one you will not have no such problem during start up the machine. I had the similar issue win my computer and after doing the same process I am overcomes this problem. So I suggest you to go through this process.

I having a solution for this problem, where as I was also experienced with this problem in my Dell Latitude D400 laptop, this is the laptop which is not having the inbuild cd rom,. So I am using a external CD ROM drive to access to run any CD or DVD. After encountered this problem I searched in the internet and found a process which works very much in my laptop. I am going to describe the process for you, would like to suggest you to go through the process, it will definitely help you to solve the problem. Reboot the machine and press f12, it will precede you to boot window, select the CD/DVD-RW Drive, and then press any key to boot the machine along with that press “R”, for appearing the console window. Type the file name which is missing along with the file path and insert into the RUN command prompt. Restart the machine.

After coming from college I found the same problem in my windows XP running machine, I ma a college student so there is major requirement with my machine, usually use this for the internet surfing along with the watching movies and some times playing some of the low and high definition games. It does not encounter with this type problem earlier, this is the first time. So yesterday while I start the machine first time it blinks three times repeatedly and then reboot the machine automatically, so after leave the machine for few times by turn off this, I again tried to start the machine, this time it appears with a error message in the screen. Which is contains about the information about two files missing from my windows folder which are named as “C:\WINDOWS\system32\c_437.nls and wsnpoem.sys”. I have no idea about this file, so I reboot the machine instantly and again the same think appear. I thought that though I am very much using the internet service in my machine, so this is might be any malware attack in my system 32 folder location, so I attempt the full scan, but this one does not shows any malware. I searched almost everywhere for getting the solution for this type of problem. Is there any one having any fix for this problem, suggest me.

You have to boot the machine with the Windows XP installation or repair CD. After inserting this one reboot the machine and start pressing the f12 key while the windows logo will appear in the window screen, along with that select the CD ROM bootable option from the boot option window. One the windows start load or loaded fully hit on ENTER, the windows setting window will appear, I suggest you to select the primary drive maintenance option or also can choose this option by pressing the “R” from keyboard, which will first ask you for the automatic repair of the system, click on yes/repair, it will automatically replace all the windows file or the missing files in your machine. This will definitely replace your missing file in the machine. A system restart will require after the replacement of files, do this for applying the changes. Also you can try with the another way, which is enter into the windows setting window, now copy the windows file which is showing as missing and insert in the search command line argument or also you can choose the advance search option and hit on enter. This will locate the file from the windows installation disk , that you insert in the CD ROM drive, copy that one from the cd and paste into the windows log file and reboot the machine. Try with nay one of the above mentioned process.