Thread: How to fix the verclsid.exe error

How to fix the verclsid.exe error

Hello friends, from the past few days I am getting this error and its really being very irritating for me. Whenever I try to access the C drive, I am getting this error related to verclsid.exe and after that the computer stops responding. When I press Cntrl+Alyy+Del, I get to see so many of these exe files in the task manager. And even when I click on the End process these files still remains there, I am really feed up of this so please some one help me to overcome this problem as it is making so much loss of my business. I would be very thankful to any one who comes up with the best solution to get rid of this error.

Re: How to fix the verclsid.exe error

The verclsid.exe is usually located in the C drive folder in the System32 directory. This file is a Microsoft signed file that comes directly integrated in the Windows Operating system software. So if any damage done to this file will cause the error which you are currently getting. So i guess that the only solution for this problem would be to again install a fresh copy of the Windows operating system on the computer system so as to overcome the problem as these kind of the files which are Microsoft based usually requires to be reinstall once they are damaged. I hope you got what I am trying to say.

The verclsid.exe file is a kind of process belonging to the Windows xp Operating system. Causing this file to get damaged will cause a major problem to the windows operating system. This file is mostly used to validate the shell extension program which requires them to get initialize with the Windows Operating system. This file also cannot be directly deleted as it is a Microsoft signed file that is specially integrated with the windows operating system. To get rid of this I think you have to format the system. Also, it is recommended that you run a FREE registry scan to identify verclsid.exe related errors frequently.

Hey you can use the C cleaner to remove all these files, but I don't think so it will be that effective as it is a file signed by Microsoft. But you can give it a try and see if it works for you and be able to reduce the number of the .exe files. Also, it is highly recommended that you frequently run a performance scan to automatically optimize memory, CPU and Internet settings to boost the performance of the computer since your computer has also slow down a bit.

The solution for your problem would be like this Go to My computer, select tools and then cleck on folder options. Now go to the view tab and then select hidden files and folders. Then you have to Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files option in your case the .exe file is also the operating system protected file. Then you have to make sure there is no checkmark beside Hide file extensions for known file types. Click OK. This will help you to solve your problem.