Thread: Lost sound after upgrade Windows 7 X64

Lost sound after upgrade Windows 7 X64

From last one year I am using Windows 7 in my Acer laptop. But recently I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate X64. But then after I am not able to find my sound diver. It works very fine before I have upgraded it. But whenever I try to play any music on my system i get the following error message "installer missing". So can anyone help me to solve this Sound Driver problem?? Can anybody have any idea about the above issue then please help me.

Re: Lost sound after upgrade Windows 7 X64

I have read your problem. I think if there is no sound, then the issue usually can be caused by the following facts:

• Volume control is not proper.
    • Improper speaker connection.
    • May be your Media Player is get corrupted.
    • Improper sound card driver.

If this is your problem then try to perform following steps:
    • First open the Device Manager and verify whether there is any question mark OR any exclamation mark beside sound adapter. If so, then please right click on it and update driver first.
    • Please check whether Speaker cable and power cable setting are connected. Then please replace a speaker OR headphone and check the result.
    • Verify Volume Control settings and increase the volume to "Master Volume".

I hope this will help you to fix your problem.

To solve your problem I advise you to first check that your speaker is connected properly or not. After that, let's try to do the following troubleshooting methods.

Perform the task mentioned below to set speaker as default:

1. First go to “Start” and then click on “Control Panel”.
    2. After going in to the Control Panel just click in Sound, then a new window will get open up.
    3. Then click on the “Playback” tab in the new windows and then right click in the winodw and click on “Show Disabled Devices”.
    4. Now just check if Speaker is listed there OR not and right click on it then please choose enable.
    5. Then just click on "Set as Default"

This will help you to solve your issue.

I think this is may be your diver issue. This is because your diver get corrupted OR may ne you have not installed it properly. Perform the steps below to install the Audio drivers. But remainder that before that you have to install Microsoft UAA Bus Diver. You can download the Microsoft UAA Bus from authorized site.
    After you install the Microsoft UAA Bus Driver, then install the Audio driver in Windows 7as follow:
    • First you just have to right click on the setup file. After that you have to go to properties.
    • Then just click on Compatibility mode.
    • After that just place a check mark the box in the box in front of “Run this program in compatibility mode for”
    • Then please click on check mark on "Run as an Administrator" and click on “Apply” button and then press “Ok” button.
    • Now you just have to double click on the setup file to initiate the install.

This way you can install the diver easily. I hope the above information is helping you.

To fix your issue you just have need to activate the tone for the audio input and this you can achieve this by using the following simple steps.
    • First click on the “Start” button then go to the “Control Panel” and after that just click on the Hardware and sound and then just click on sound. To do this task you just have to open the “Audio Devices and Sound Scheme”
    • Then click on the Playback tab, click Speakers, and then click Properties.
    • After that just click on the Levels tab, and click on the Input Mute to to activate the tone for the audio input.

I am sure this will help you to fix your issue. Thank You.