Thread: Red Hat Linux cease free version

Red Hat Linux cease free version

Red Hat has decided to permanently discontinue development and support to the desktop version of its Linux distribution. Red Hat Linux. As of Dec. 31, the companies not provide maintenance or security patches for versions 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and Red Hat Linux 8.0. The same applies to version 9.0, although as previous years. Also, the companies not produce a new version of Red Hat Linux. Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Instead, they focus exclusively on product development and distribution of Red Hat Enterprise Linux commercial. The information was provided by the companies own customers and users in a letter reproduced in an article in the publication News Forge. The news means that Red Hat Linux users should consider an alternative, because the program does not continue to be developed. The list of Linux distributions from LWN Net may be a good starting point. Another viable alternative is Fedora project announced recently by Red Hat itself. To a large extent, Fedora continues the Red Hat distribution now abandoned. Fedora is much more receptive to Red Hat for external developer’s contributions. The software will be distributed without any form of centralized support. The intentions are to publish two or three major upgrades of Fedora every year, apart from the regular updates.

Re: Red Hat Linux cease free version

I think it does not matter the names and distributions. There will always be 100% free Linux Algona. Red Hat will continue going as Fedora, so that this used to be able to keep using this RH. There are many good Linux distributions, as for needing to rely on a single distro. At the moment I'm using MDK on my machine, but where appropriate, I have no problems in using other Linux.

Look this is so. While something few people use it for free, when it becomes very popular just generosity and philanthropy. Linux might (hopefully not) becomes very popular, used in 90% of computers. Then everyone will have to pay. After going to see a company that will stand out and destroy and / or purchase to monopolize other Lunix. After all using the same for all purposes Linux games, etc, inexperienced users will appear virus, spyware and all sorts of problems.

Here I do not agree because Distributions which are disappearing, no mixture with Linux distributions, what payment you can put Linux distributions are not always by example and will be debian but will always be a free Linux but you ride yourself and go your own distribution. So this is what I feel regarding this issue.

Sure but if a distribution becomes much more popular than the others, then turns to its totally owned software is not compatible with the other distributions and then goes up the manufacturer to buy from other distributions that can take its toll and we ended up But now instead of calling windows will be called Linux Microsoft or something. Obviously you will always have the option to install something for free, but you're never going to save having to install the OS most used commercial.

May become more popular given distribution and may spend or RH suse but that does not mean that Linux itself educed l, there are many distributions, and always will be distributions such as Debian or Slack ware or other, for example around the world save that the distribution suse was the most commercial, if you want you can install debian for example, that the distributions is a more gnu. But because they have options tied TAS, which is not happening in Microsoft, so it does not compare.

The owner onyx are going to have to be some application-specific tools (in terms of distorts, say, owners can always go soft’s, games or others). And anyway, who cares about Red Hat? Debian remains at large, and for that matter, is the most professional of all distributions. Linux and will always remain free as a matter that Linux is just the kernel (we use proper names, please). And if for some reason Linux will scratch and spent the proprietary software model, one could always follow from the óñltima free version of Linux, or passed to Hurd (someone has tried it? I have to get a machine that destroyed to or HDD)