Thread: Missing some icons on windows 7 after installing Nero 9

Missing some icons on windows 7 after installing Nero 9

Hi I am having the windows 7 operating system working on my desktop with the Intel core2 duo processor everything was going fine. But as when I installed the Nero 9 on my system some of the application icons were missing. In fact the installation process was error less and after the installation it asked me to restart the system. Then after restating the system I found that some of the icons on my system were missing. Actually the original icons turned into black white pages. I am really not able to understand the problem and also not able to fix it. Does anybody ever have got this problem if yes than please let me know how to solve this.

re: Missing some icons on windows 7 after installing Nero 9

I guess you have installed the corrupt copy of Nero and it seems to me that it has affected some of the application of your system. Now what you have to do in this case is remove this program as soon as possible. You can remove the program from control panel and selecting the remove hard ware option. After clicking on it the list of all the applications and software will appear that are installed on your system. Find Nero in that and remove it temporarily also delete all the associate files of it, then restart the system I hope you will get rid of the problem. And all the icons will appear again on the screen.

It seems to me that you have to do the system restore to get all the files back. It may have happen that after installing the Nero 9 on your system it has deleted some of the support files. The thing here is that if the software is not from a trusted source then there are chances that it corrupts some important files of your system. And I am sure that in your case the same thing has happened. Installing the Nero has corrupted some of the support files and resulted in no icons for some application. Don’t panic just uninstall the Nero that you have installed and then just perform system restore it will recover all your files that are corrupted.

According to me you must have installed a pirated copy of Nero and that is the reason why you are facing this problem .The thing here is that if you install the pirated copy then it may happen that it consists virus in it or the software is already being affected by viruses. And virus has tendency to disable the icons files, folders and applications. So what you have to do in this case is that just remove the Nero that is being installed and then scan your system by an updated antivirus. If you don’t have the updated versions then download the trial version of any antivirus and scan your whole system. What it will do is remove the virus affected files and also the virus. Then see which applications missing and install them again.

I have tried uninstalling the Nero 9 but unable to remove it. As I have selected the remove option from the remove program list for Nero then it gave me an error saying that it can’t be removed. I don’t know why it is behaving so. Also I did the system restore but failed there also. It gave me an error saying that “system restore did not complete successfully your computer system files and settings where not changed.” Now I am confused what to do and also not able to get the icons back. Please help me out of this case.