Thread: Computer Freeze at the Motherboard Splash screen

Computer Freeze at the Motherboard Splash screen

Hi friends, I am in big trouble here, my system get hangs at the motherboard Splash screen suddenly. I am unable to know what is the problem behind it. I am not also unable to go to the BIOS system. I was not having any kind of problem until I started messing with the some sound settings in to the Realtek Software which has came with the drivers. My system is Intel 3.0 GHz with 2 GB RAM, having the onboard Realtek sound. I tried to check the stream recording box and all my sound get quits. I then unchecked it back but my sound was still not coming so I restart the system. It wouldn’t boot, even by resetting and hard booting many times. Still it hangs, so I tried to pull out the RAM and put it back. I then restart to test it but still froze at the splash screen. I thought of some sound drivers problem so I reinstalled the drivers but it still froze. I tried many times but it get freeze. Please help what can I do?

Re: Computer Freeze at the Motherboard Splash screen

Open the side panel of the CPU and check whether the small pins may have came out of the SMPS. If it is out of the SMPS plug it properly. Insert it in to the Motherboard at the very right side of the corner of the motherboard slot. If it has loose the connection then do the proper connection and check whether it works or not. Otherwise first disconnect all the connection from your motherboard and again plug all the pins in to the motherboard at their proper places. Also try to do the booting in to the Safe Mode, I would highly recommend to do it.

Try to reset the BIOS settings and also try to reset all of your hardware not just the RAM. Once it had happened with me, it froze up over night. When I tried to restart the system, it even not boot to the motherboard Splash screen, it just give the blank screen no matter it won’t change how long you left it. I took out the hardware that was needed to me that is the Wi-Fi card, PCI video card and many other but I left the 1 stick of RAM in it. I then rebooted the system until all of the hardware was back on to the motherboard and it worked perfectly fine. By just removing and resetting it back in to the slot of the Motherboard, the system start to work perfectly fine.

I also ran in to the very same problem. it use to get freeze at the motherboard splash screen. What I did is I just re-configure some of the hard drives. After it I then unplugged them all and it then surprisingly got past the splash screen. I then try to plug one in to the board at a time and restarted, I found out the culprit. Finally I changed the SATA cable and then it worked for the first time after it. It is the very long shot, but if sometimes the cable might get bent too tight from the corners. Try to unplug the hard drive and then plug it back after that reboot the system. It worked for me.

I think the bad memory module could be creating the problem. pull back the memory, install one stick and check whether it reboots, at least to the BIOS system. See if you unable to boot at the desktop on that one stick. If you still fail move on to the another stick. If all the stick fail to do it, then it is probably not the memory problem.

The very thing is you try to clear the “ cmos”. This will fix your booting problem 9/10. There are two of doing it: 1) first look for the “clrcmos” jumper on to your motherboard and then after move it to the 1-2 settings for some seconds then back to it original setting that is 2-3. (2) Second way to remove the motherboard battery for 5 minutes and replace it back to its position. clearing your "cmos" may help you ou from your problem.