Thread: Laptop with Windows XP Shuts Down Without displaying any warning

Laptop with Windows XP Shuts Down Without displaying any warning

Hi friends, I am using the Presario v5000 AMD processor which is very old. I am having the problem with my Windows XP pro. The system boot and works very slowly, then I check for the Virus then I assumed that my operating system is get corrupted and I done the total recovery. When I boot from the windows XP setup disk and I started the setup, Laptop just shut down without giving any kind of the warning. I won’t understand what happens. I then try remove the numerous devices and then get the effects. I swap the memory card and removed them with same effects, I was only getting the XP once in to the setup process with the help of the NTFS quick formatting but during the setup I get the error message that few files cannot copy. I also replaced the DVD drive and tried but I didn’t solve my problem. please help what can I do?

Re: Laptop with Windows XP Shuts Down Without displaying any warning

I think the problem may occur due to overheating. Clean it out and make use of the Laptop cooler. Sometime when the processor get very hot, it will turn off the system to protect the processor and also protect the other components from the heat damage. It may also possible due to the virus attack on your laptop. Check it and scan it properly and is your power connection is working properly? It may occur due to the connection failure. You may be killing your battery. check either of it and see whether your problem get solved.

There are the few things that your laptop shut down without displaying any warning. You first you check for the system Log for any kind of the error may get detect otherwise the reason may occur as follows. 1) Over heating of your system may be thermal compound, it is the layer between Heat sin and the processor, it may have get finished or the temperature of your computer may have cross the limit. It may restart without giving warning. 2) Secondly the Voltage shortage may exceeds the time period the voltage of power supply get down and it cause the system restart. 3) Virus may also block the system; it may block the .exe to run and the shut down without any warning.

It sounds to me the hardware fault rather the software fault. The some kind of Hardware failure may have creating the problem for you. It may be due to battery or the charging circuit. Battery can be the reason behind it. Most of the rechargeable batteries become useless after X amount of charge. Try to replace the battery of the system and then check whether what happens. it also sounds like an overheating problem. Make sure that all the fans are spinning and no heatsinks are loose. If you run the system on the AC power, what happens does it stay on or not?

There are some of the indications of the Laptop overheating problem:
    • The bottom of the layer and also the keyboard becomes very hot when the Laptop is working.
    • Also the fan of the CPU fan starts to rotate at the very high speed and it operates at much loud than before.
    • The Laptop shut down suddenly automatically without any warning. When you start the Laptop it shut down after one to two hour and how it shut down after five to ten minutes of operation.
    • The laptop works very fine when it is idle, but it shut down without warning as soon as you start using the memory demanding applications such as DVD player, video editing, software etc.
    If it is not the problem then it might be your software problem.