Thread: Lab Workstation

Lab Workstation

I require constructing a lab on my workstation, with 2 or 3 servers’ VMS, and one workstation. The reality to purchase a certificate or license is not an issue. Should I utilize VMware Server or VMware Workstation? I have read assessments, advantages and disadvantages on the internet, but then also I never understood or read undoubtedly if VMware Workstation has all the networking effects of VMware server. So, here I require your help please help me what should I do?

Re: Lab Workstation

Can you place your necessities for your LAB, what do you wish to do with it. I make use of VMware Workstation for my home LAB, for functioning and learning Microsoft MCITP server 2008 series. I would work with VMware Server 1.0 too much earlier than I am shifting to VMware Workstation, but as I utilize it, I won't go reverse for that Server. If you or anyone else establishes this note helpful, please consider awarding points for accurate or supportive.

I am also in the similar situation, I plan on working my MCSA 2003, but I would like to reconstruct my local business production infrastructure from zero, only to maintain the hand and stay up to date in case of a break down. Preferably, there would be a DC, a file server in progress W2003 and inferior Domain Name Server, a replace 2007 server, an SQL 2003, and a Linux proxy running squid and a small number of other stuff. There you contain a comprehensive suggestion of what I wish to setup.

May I ask how much system or Server do you contain; and a small description or information concerning their physical Information. Because running File Server and swap server on VM if you have a large number of exertion with them. I mean if they going to be operational may be having an effect on further VMs that situated on the similar system if it is not a good quality system, you don't find anything out of this LAB. As well I wish to know if it is any must for selecting between VMware Server and VMware Workstation. Might be you can attempt VMware ESXi 3.5 or ESXi 4.0 and acquire so much superior performance and outcome if your hardware supported by these two product.