Thread: Cannot install ATI 10.8 and 10.9

Cannot install ATI 10.8 and 10.9

Friends, I have downloaded the drivers with the desktop section from the ATI’s website. I extracted that file and it asked me that whether I want to continue then I selected the cancel. After that I moved to the MM and modified the drivers. Once I was done with that then I run the setup.exe which is the modified drivers and followed the onscreen instruction for that. It reported that it gets installed successfully and it prompts me to reboot the system and when rebooted the computer and went to the CCC's 'Information Center' then I was not able to find that there. I tried to install the 10.9 but that was also not able to install. Now I am not able to install the 10.8 and 10.9. Can you tell me that what may be the problem and how can I solve that?

Re: Cannot install ATI 10.8 and 10.9

The problem that you have told usually occurs when there is already a driver installed in your computer. If you want to install updated driver then first thing that you have to do is to uninstall the currently installed driver from your computer and then install the one that you have downloaded. This time it will get install without any problem. I have seen many people doing the same mistake and thinks that it is problem with the system.

I don't think that anyone need any suggestion for this that one should uninstall the existing driver from the computer and install the new one after that. I am also facing the similar issue. I uninstall the existing driver and rebooted the system. After boot it asks me to install the driver and I canceled that. After that I browse the one that was downloaded and tried to install that bit it gives me the same result.

Have you tried to run the CCleaner. This will scan your entire system and fix the problem and report that back to you. It has a number of tools that will help you to clean the Windows PC. It is a very small download and you will get that very easily if you search that on google. Download and install it to your computer. It has very easy user interface. Just this once and then try to install the driver again.

There may be problem with the installation file that you have downloaded and that is why it is not getting installed. This file may be corrupted. You should delete this file and download the new set up again. Try to install that. This time it will get install properly if it is related to the corrupted setup.