Thread: Windows XP: How to get the A2DP support?

Windows XP: How to get the A2DP support?

Hi friends, I have currently purchased the stereo Bluetooth head set and I want to connect it with the PC to listen the music. My OS is Windows XP. I do have the Bluetooth dongle with the widcomm software on to the personal computer but I don’t have any idea how to get about it. Pairing is not the problem because it can happen very easily. But the problem is that I am unable to get sound output on to the headset. How could I do it? I am not having any idea how can I connect.

Re: Windows XP: How to get the A2DP support?

I do have the Bluetooth dongle and also the Nokia Blue tooth ear set. I do follow certain steps which really work for me.
    Steps for the Bluetooth window:
    1. first pair the head phones.
    2. Then connect the Bluetooth headset service
    3. Create the default audio device.
    Steps for the Control Panel:
    1. In it first start the Control Panel, go to the Sounds and Audio Devices.
    2. After it go to the Audio Tab.
    3. Make the changes to the sound playback default device to the Bluetooth option.
    Steps for the window Media player:
    1. open the media player
    2. in that the more options, from it go to the Devices, after device go to Speakers.
    3. Change the setting for the ‘audio device to Use’ to the Directsound:Bluetooth
    4. Finally click OK and play the music and enjoy the songs.

Windows XP usually does not support the A2DP Bluetooth headset. to work with it, you should have to make use of the Blue tooth transmitters and adapters. because they includes the drivers with the A2DP support. You will get the more help from the a2dp.info web site. Also Widcomm BCM1000-BTW will support for the Windows 98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. BCM1000-BTW is the Blue tooth communication software for windows. The BCM1000-BTW is designed to operate on any personal computer and has been optimized to support Broadcom's Blutonium chipsets.
    Last edited by Luis234; 19-11-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Some of the Blue tooth Dongle do contain BlueSoleil drivers. Also some of the Dongles have the Widcomm and the Toshiba drivers. Keep in mind before installing the BlueSoleil, remove all the previously installed Blue tooth software. Reboot your system after completing the software installation. Remove the Microsoft native drivers, to remove it check first whether you have enabled viewing of hidden or system files. Click on to the windows key and also e key at the same time. Now the windows explorer will pop up after clicking it. In that click on to the tools menu bar, in that folder option and then view the tabs. Secondly Enable the show hidden files and folders. Do not check for the Hide extensions for known file types” and “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). Click on the OK to set settings. Rename bth.inf & bth.pnf to bth.inf.old & bth.pnf.old that is in the C:\ Drive, Windows directory, 'inf' folder. Restart your system now. To start the system application, click on the icon or directly go to Start -->Programs-->IVT BlueSoleil -->BlueSoleil. Finally set your headset into a pairing mode. You will now easily access to it.