Thread: Ubuntu: How to make fast internet connection?

Ubuntu: How to make fast internet connection?

I am having a HP computer with the Ubuntu environment. Having a high speed internet service both in the home network and in office network. Generally use the internet for sending and receiving emails along with some of the download like the mp3 files and the movie clips. The problem from few days I am feeling that the internet speed is getting very slow. Till the last few days ago it gives me 225MBPS download where as now it gives me not more than 100MBPS, some this range also falls. What is cause can anyone tell m, any input for the solution will be appreciated.

Re: Ubuntu: How to make fast internet connection?

Make sure that you properly configured the internet connection with the router which you are having. I had the similar issue with the internet service after that someone suggest me to do the following processes that might be help me speed up the internet. Configure the browser that you are having as that won’t display the multimedia contents like the graphics, animations, sound, video etc. surf the web sites whenever the internet traffic is low. Always clear the cache memory of the internet browser and along with that also delete the history of the visited web sites in the web browser that you are having.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I think the problem is for the browser, use the effective cache. Because it takes the space which is required to save the web sited which are save d in the browser. Make sure that the browser cache is the cause for the problem, and if you found this then I recommend you to remove all the un-effective cache file also the Temporary Internet files from the browser memory. Also I think that this is might be for the network router, upgrade the router software with the latest version, sometimes for the earlier version of the router modem the internet speed might be fall down. If you are using the wireless connection then I suggest you to use the wired network connectivity, it is much works regarding the speed of the internet then the wireless connection.

There is very small solution that I got while I was also facing the relevant issue in my Linux machine. I thought that the problem is for the browser. But I cleared all the data from the browser but it gives no result. After that I did the solution which is very much works for me. You can speed up the internet service by disabling the IPV6 of the network connection. I would like to recommend you to disable the IPV6 service from the network wizard. It will definitely help you to boost up the internet service. For that apply the following command “sudo gedit /etc/modeprobe.d/aliases”, edit the name of the Alias and save the changes and after that reboot the machine, now connect the machine with the network. I hope this time you will not got any problem with the internet speed.