Thread: linux Ubuntu: How to disable Hibernate?

linux Ubuntu: How to disable Hibernate?

Having a Dell Latitude D620 laptop with the Linux Ubuntu environment. Having a problem with the Linux laptop, which is about the hibernation of the machine. while I attempt for closing the lid o t he laptop it goes to the hibernate instead of go off the screen. I checked the setting and found which is proper. After that while I open the screen it appears as black screen but not off. The power light is still on, only the screen is appears in black. Why this problem appears? Anyone having a solution for this issue?

Re: linux Ubuntu: How to disable Hibernate in?

I think there must a problem with the power setting. Go to power option of the machine where you will found a option named as power, look for the settings with power of the machine. I recommend you disable the hibernate option which is configured in your laptop; also make the changes the action while you close the screen lid. Make it do nothing with the allotted time interval. Now close the lid of your laptop and I hope this time it will not got to the hibernate.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Re: linux Ubuntu: How to disable Hibernate?

I think this is the simple solution to disable the hibernate option into the Linux machine. I had the similar issue with the Linux Ubuntu machine and after that I got this solution to solve the problem, if you wish to suspend the hibernation button from the machine then recommend you to apply the following command “xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -np '/shutdown/ShowSuspend' -t 'bool' -s 'false’”. Also if you are willing to remove the hibernate button from the machine then apply the command “xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -np '/shutdown/ShowHibernate' -t 'bool' -s 'false' ”. After applying the command into the machine a system reboot is required, do this and I am sure after that you will not redirect to the hibernate while you close the screen lid.

If you laptop freezing with the hibernate the follow the simple trick which will be definitely help you. close most of the power option of the laptop with the kernel command while booting the machine, insert the command in the kernel command prompt:
    Title Linux ubuntu
    Kernel (hd0,0)/boot/vmlinuzbootimage=linux root=/dev/sd1/ noapic nolapuc resume=/dev/ splash=silent acpi=no apm=off vga=788
    Initrd (hd0,0)/boot/initrd.img
    This command I used in my computer for overcome from the freezing problem with the hibernate. And it works. You need to edit the /boot/grub/menu.lst file of the machine.

I had the similar issue with my Linux Puppy machine. Whenever I switch the screen in the idle mode the instead of screen off the power option it redirects to the hibernate mode. I tried everything but nothing gives me any result. After I searched a solution which is worked, and would like to recommend you to follow up the process, this will definitely help you to overcome the problem. Yu need to change the power mode option in your machine. For that go to the Peripherals under control panel and proceed to the display option it will give you to change the power options in the laptop. Go to the "Power Control" tab; look for the option which is in the window of the display setting. Make sure that all the settings are properly configured; make sure that options hibernation, sleep and suspense are configured correctly according to their uses. If you having problem with the Hibernate then completely disable the hibernate option from the power setting window.