Thread: Does Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 340e work on Linux

Does Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 340e work on Linux

Actually I wish to purchase the Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 340e. Does it work on Linux??? I am using Ubuntu. What is the dissimilarity or variation between the Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 340e, and the PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 340e that is without Pinnacle? Anyone ever heard about this or have any knowledge about this than please help me to know this properly and to understand this query properly. Because I don’t have much knowledge about this, and want some solution or some tips for this; thank you for any incoming information and tips or I can say every incoming helps.
    Last edited by HoGaN 77; 16-11-2010 at 06:26 AM.

Re: Does Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 340e work on Linux

I just got the latest DVB originator up and running, and exhausted the after debugging the PCTV 340e. The digital support is currently working! The testing as of this position has been too narrow. I have mostly established that tuning works with tzap or mplayer with 8MHz DVB-T. The code wants a group of cleanup earlier than it could go into the pathway. It is as well based off a version of the v4l dvb tree which is a number of months old and desires to be rebased once more the present angle. This means that if you have additional tuners which necessitate a fresh version of the v4l dvb tree, you are not going to be able to utilize the 340e at the equivalent time as your additional tuner.

It really Works for me below Ubuntu 9.10.
    1. You necessitate installing the Linux source and ncurses-devel packages, or else make menu configuration will not work.
    2. Don’t forget ‘make’ and ‘sudo make’ install
    3. Don’t forget to duplicate the firmware file into /lib/firmware
    4. If you don’t have a channels.conf file, you can utilize VideoLan opening the DVB tool. I wanted to enter the channel frequency yourself; I got the figure from a digital TV place by looking at the channel information.

This must I done and now searching or investigating more details to do it better. Anyone have some better information excluding this? Then please provide surly.
    Last edited by Enriqueta; 16-11-2010 at 06:42 AM.

I have some information of Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 340e which must help you for better understand this topic. So just have a look on this: The 340e is fairly unlike or dissimilar from the earlier versions of the PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick and does not work any longer with em28xx modules. The Package contains a remote ‘ir’ controller and a little antenna. It has as well a small usb connector on the side for A/V input. The device or the machine is not at present supported below Linux, even though Kernel Labs has declared an experimental tree on Dec 27, 2009. I only have this much information if anyone have any more information then please provide some information to me too.

Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick is an even more compact USB tuner with better treatment of digital and analog earthly or terrestrial TV as well as analog cable TV. The invention as well features time shifting and recording, and comes with a small remote control and rod antenna. With its comprehensive functionality, like stereo and double channel sound for analog TV and built-in stereo FM radio, the Hybrid Pro Stick is the perfect or wonderful all in one tuner improve mostly for PCs and laptops.